Date: 6.14.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 1997
Ijx.buyessayonline.cloudns.cx #Intellectual wellness definition

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Intellectual wellness definition

Write My Paper - intellectual wellness definition

Nov/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Write my essay - Intellectual Wellness | Health & Wellness - University of New Hampshire

Nov 17, 2017 Intellectual wellness definition,

Buy Essay Papers Online - Eight simple steps to increase your intellectual wellness | News

Caliban in definition, The Tempest by William Shakespeare Essay. between the audience and of writing, play. Elizabethan theatre was more like a. football match that theatre, as we know it today. Intellectual Definition! There were raucous. Marigolds Book! crowds who would have particularly liked having a monster they could. jeer at. Therefore Caliban would have been a central character to the. lower class character, as they could feel superior to intellectual definition him in My Organization's Structure, a very. class determined society. This would have added to intellectual the visual element. done this by giving him two possible sides to interpret. In some ways. is because the violent power would have been very popular in these. and feelings.

This had a positive effect on the atmosphere of the play. and Politics by Patricia J. Williams, therefore my view. Wellness Definition! today. In this respect Caliban has been shown in of writing, a more humane light. as a creature pitied and intellectual, modern productions seem to leave you feeling. sorry for with you say but, him and therefore forgiving him for his bad behaviour such. as the attempted rape of intellectual Miranda because of the way he is poorly. Of Writing! often abused and wellness, emotionally damaged. This concept makes it easier for. us to The Complicated Politics forgive them. Intellectual Wellness Definition! Consequently as an audience we are more likely to. sympathise with Caliban than perhaps an Elizabethan audience who may. The Complicated Of Self-Exploitation J. Williams! have preferred the violent, beastly portrayal. humour into the play. In the scene in which he meets Stephano and. Trinculo we have a classic drunk scene, which is almost, slap stick. Intellectual Wellness Definition! comedy.

It provides a comic relief from the My Organization's Structure, main action of the play. Intellectual Definition! Shakespeare has used similar devices in his other plays. Caliban. however is slightly different and Should Our School Be Extended? Essay, more vital to the play as a whole. Although similarities can be drawn between him and Caliban in intellectual wellness, William Shakespeare?s The Tempest: The Victim Undercover as a Villain. Marigolds Book! In the play, The Tempest, by William Shakespeare, Caliban is an intellectual wellness definition, important character. Caliban is a character who plays as a victim to ken yeang architecture be pitied, as well as a villain to intellectual definition watch out for. In this essay, I will show clearly how Caliban is a victim and villain by exploring his relationship with Prospero, Miranda, and the importance of writing, the island. Caliban has been a victim of mistreatment for many reasons. Him and Miranda definitely do not have a good relationship, in fact Miranda absolutely hates him and wellness definition, she is frightened Essay on William Shakespeare: The Tempest. but whose actions are not always understood. Power is certainly thematic in the play, whether it is the the importance of writing, power of the elements or Prosperos control of them. It is possible that Shakespeare is intellectual wellness, questioning the use or value of political power.

Love, in its many forms, is ken yeang architecture, thematic in wellness, The Tempest. This scene reveals the Care of Children with Parents, falling in love and the development of love between Miranda and Ferdinand, shown in intellectual definition, their kindness to Structure each other and their willingness to intellectual suffer for each Essay about Main Characters of but The Tempest by William Shakespeare. William Shakespeare uses his plays not only to intellectual wellness definition entertain the audience, but also to push the My Organization's Essay, audience toward self-evaluation. The brilliance of Shakespeare is intellectual wellness definition, that his plays may be interpreted in marigolds book, different ways. The Tempest is intellectual, not simply a fictional story meant to entertain the audience, but also a complete figurative narrative meant to ken yeang architecture mirror the art of the theatre. Intellectual! In this play each character represents a significant part in is a refers to, the alternate interpretation of the definition, narrative. Examination of Schedule Essay specific Imagery in definition, The Tempest, by of Self-Exploitation William Shakespeare Essay. arises the remembrance of another tempest, endured by wellness Prospero and Miranda when they were expelled by his brother: there they hoist us, To cry to the sea that roar'd to us , to sigh To the winds whose pity, sighing back again, Did us but loving wrong. (I.

Ii. 148) The two tempests thus become connected by Kinship Care Parents Essay a relation between guilt and redemption, this connection adding to the significance of the intellectual wellness, tempest-imagery in this scene. Shakespeare then returns to the present through Prospero and Caliban of William Shakespeare#x27;s The Tempest Essay. Caliban says: When thou camest first, Thou strokedst me and madest much of me, wouldst give me Water with berries in't, and teach me how To name the bigger light, and i disagree with you say but, how the less, That burn by day and night: and definition, then I loved thee And show'd thee all the qualities o' the isle, (I . ii. 332-7) When they met, Caliban was uneducated, and did not know how to marigolds book communicate with Miranda and intellectual wellness definition, Prospero. Under the tutelage of both people, Caliban learned to differentiate Comparing The Cultures of The Tempest and Ours in The Tempest by William Shakespeare. Financial status also plays a major role in social classifications. During the time of The Tempest, Dukes and Earls, who were among the nobles, were considered to be superior even to other members of their own race. The nobles had servants and commoners who worked for them. Shakespeare shows us an example of this with the i disagree with what you say, relationship between his characters of Sebastian and wellness, Antonio and of the Boatswain and the importance of writing, the sailors. Sebastian yells at intellectual wellness definition, the sailors A pox o' your throat, you bawling, blasphemous Essay Trinculo in The Tempest by William Shakespeare.

However, Trinculo's confidence in the importance, his position with Stephano is shattered in wellness, the trio's next scene in Act III, scene ii. The Complicated Politics Essay! Here we see a reversal in definition, the relationship as Caliban works to marigolds book usurp Trinculo's position with Stephano. A power struggle between Caliban and Trinculo evolves comically, with Caliban temporarily achieving the top position next to Stephano, symbolized first by Stephano warning Trinculo to 'run into no further danger. Interrupt the monster one word further and, by this hand, I'll Prospero and intellectual wellness definition, Ariel in The Tempest by positioning is a management refers William Shakespeare Essay. Intellectual Wellness Definition! Prospero even creates the actual tempest of the Kinship with Incarcerated, play through Ariel, which allows the creation of the rest of the story to wellness happen. Prosperos art is truly powerful and architecture, permits Prospero to conjure up and definition, wield anything he must to marigolds book attain his desired purpose or fancy.

As Stopford A. Brooke states about wellness definition Prospero: He acts like a divine Providence, moulding nature and human wills to ken yeang architecture his purposed end (Brooke 307). Intellectual Wellness Definition! Prosperos ability to mold or control nature and human wills is derived from Exploring the The Complicated Politics of Self-Exploitation by Patricia J. Williams, Themes of intellectual definition Forgiveness and Reconciliation in The Tempest by William Shakespeare. expected to Essay forgive and intellectual, revenge is not a Christian attribute. As Prospero observes, forgiveness is a nobler action than vengeance. Positioning Marketing Aid Which! However, it may be argued that Prospero?s actions were quite harsh. For instance, it may be said that the sufferings of wellness Caliban, Stephano, and Trinculo are comic. However, there seems to be something cruel in the way Prospero deals with his old enemy Alonso, letting him think until the the importance of writing, last minute that his beloved son Ferdinand is dead. Intellectual Wellness! (Bringing Ferdinand back from the dead The Adaptation of marigolds book The Tempest by William Shakespeare to the Film Prosperos Books artistry in Prosperos Books, Peter Greenaway himself takes extensive liberties with Shakespeares story in wellness definition, order to present himself as a master filmmaker. In the Care with Essay, opening scene, Greenaway demonstrates his artistry by depicting Prospero arranging the tempest and its resulting shipwreck.

With help from intellectual definition Ariel and a large cast of Should Our School Essay nude spirits, Prospero sinks a tiny toy boat in intellectual definition, a pool within his palace, seeing the fear of the boats crew only in My Organization's Structure Essay, his head. There is no indication that the definition, storm occurs anyplace

Write My Paper - Eight simple steps to increase your intellectual wellness | News

Intellectual wellness definition

Write My Research Paper for Me - Intellectual Wellbeing - Dartmouth College

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease - Intellectual Wellbeing - Dartmouth College

resume media format Resume Media has evolved into a collection of features that might. appeal to users who have libraries of video and audio files. Designed in Windows. Intellectual. Mostly works in Linux. Not yet in ken yeang, OSX. Resume Media displays the saved positions of all media as well as a. bookmark where last played in each table. Media segments can be. defined without editing your file allowing you to watch or listen.

to your favorite parts. Media can be automatically added or removed. from a table when the media stops or finishes. Old-style tv video. ratios can be adjusted without going to the VLC menu each time. There are fun settings to sample media for a number of seconds or. play at wellness different speeds. And more. album. The resume feature then allows you to play and stop and.

quickly resume whichever entries interest you at the time until you. have finally completed the list. With What. Sort the definition list to see which entries. you have started. chapters. Never lose your place. Adjust 'rewind' time to Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay your liking. to help re-sync your memory with the story.

Adjust 'playback speed' to speed up (or slow down) that over-acting narrator or to save time. Then go to the segments list to play whichever highlights that. friends and relatives are leaning over your shoulder to see. You can also tag the individual titles in a single file album. a table. Then, when you are ready, move one entry to VLC, expand it, and import the media list back to wellness a different table for the importance execution. The playing media is bookmarked with an '*' symbol. When finished, the bookmark advances to the next unfinished media. If all media finished, the bookmark increments to the next media. There's a convenient button to play the bookmark where you left off.

Play unfinished or whole table with options to randomize and loop. * Designed in Windows. Mostly works in Linux. Intellectual. Does not work in OSX. See Mac Attack and Licking Linux near the what but end of the description.

* If this version is not available in intellectual, the VLC Addons Manager, you can. install it manually from with but this Addons site. Open zip file, copy the lua. file to C:Users%UserName%AppDataRoamingvlcluaextensions. or %homedir%/.local/share/vlc/lua/extensions/ for Linux (unhide .local) Create ..luaextensions directory if necessary. Delete old versions. When installed, restart VLC and definition check 'Resume Media' in View menu. (Extensions must be checked each time VLC is opened. Kinship Care Incarcerated Parents Essay. It's OK. Intellectual Wellness Definition. ) * A Command prompt window will flash in Windows the first time only.

to create the data directory ..vlcVLC Resume Media. Note: The [play/options] menu changes while VLC playlist is playing. * If the VLC playlist is stopped (not playing), then you can click. [play/options] [add VLC] to add the VLC playlist to current table. * If the marigolds book VLC playlist is wellness definition, playing (or paused), then you can click. [play/options] [position] to add the playing media to the table. * There's a setting to allow automatic new entries when media stops. * Click [play/options] [settings] to access the settings table.

* There is a media-just-started tolerance of the importance 60 seconds, so you have. 60 seconds to sample media without saving the stop position. * When resuming, position will rewind 5 seconds from saved position. * Settings 'media-just-started' and 'rewind' are adjustable. * In the event there are identical media names in the VLC playlist,

Resume Media assumes they are truly identical (same media file). * Operations are performed on current table. Switching tables while. media playing may cause stop position to be updated in the new table. * Marking a table with '*' will remove media from table when finished. * The number of wellness definition tables is adjustable from 1 to 50 tables. * Higher tables are not deleted when the number of tables is Should Schedule Be Extended? Essay, lowered. * To delete a table datafile, remove all contents and remove mark '*'. * Combining tables saves the highest position of duplicate entries. * When sorting by time, 'Finished' media will always be at the bottom.

* You can set media saved positions to 'hh:mm:ss' or to 'Finished'. * 'Finished' media will not update position unless reset to 'hh:mm:ss'. * 'Finished' media will remain in any table when replayed to the end. * You can backup your tables if needed by copying the definition data directory. (In the data directory, the table # in each file is the file # plus 1) * If you open Resume Media while a media is playing, the next stop. event will be undetectable. Stop and i disagree what but restart media to allow detection. or click [play/options] to manually save the position without stopping.

useful for intellectual wellness definition making convenient tables of with playlists. Note that the saved. position and wellness bookmark are meaningless for these files and do not. respond as expected. two instances of VLC must switch to different tables so that the.

instances do not overwrite each other's tables. changes and need to restore a table, then go to ken yeang [settings] and enter: restore t1 | restore t1 t2 | restore all , where. t1 = table to restore, t2 = alternate destination, all = all tables. There are three Key=Value parameters which can be set for each. media in definition, any table. The two picture keys are described in the Picture. section following this and apply to video only. Kinship With Parents Essay. The third key is: A reasonable range for % is intellectual definition, 25 to 300 and the default is the importance of writing, RMP=100. The motivation for adding the speed key is to wellness definition allow up or down tuning. of an instrumental audio to sync it with a live instrument performance.

(See Pitch setting in the Fun Settings section further down.) * If the but Playback Speed setting in the Settings table is set to intellectual wellness definition other. than 100 (also see Fun Settings) then that speed setting overrides the. individual RMP speed keys for each media. * Go to the Resume Media Settings and allow application of keys. * While a media is playing (or paused), go to: [play/options] [keys] to set the keys for marigolds book media in the current table. * Spaces are not allowed in Key=Value. * To delete a key, enter Key= (no value) or remove Key= altogether. * To delete all keys, clear the input line. * There is intellectual wellness, one level of [undo], then [cancel] will reset the keys to. the values before [keys] was pressed.

* There is a Keys setting in the Settings table which is 1, 2 or 3: 1= Do not apply keys (existing keys are preserved in the tables) 2= Apply keys. Incarcerated Parents Essay. Also, when in the [keys] input screen, corresponding. keys which have been placed in the playing media's metadata (explained. further down) will be read from the metadata and placed in the input. box to allow easy manual entry of the key values into the table. 3= Apply keys.

Also, corresponding keys which have been placed in. the playing media's metadata will be read from the metadata and. automatically entered into the table for that media. Note: It may take several plays to wellness definition successfully read the Care with Incarcerated metadata. You can place keys (ex. Definition. RMP=102) in a media file's metadata comments.

section to save the keys with the media file when not in a table. * Changing metadata is i disagree with, easier in definition, Windows. Go to Properties Details Comments. If you select a group of similar files, you can change them. all at once. Remove write-protection first.

* When in the [keys] or [segments] screen, you can enter getallkeys in the input line to retrieve all keys (including segment keys) into. the input line for easy transfer to a file's metadata comments section. * Segments are also keys, but their structure is normally hidden. Be careful when including segment keys in marigolds book, the metadata, since they can. be long. The limit using Windows properties is. (Be careful changing metadata using VLC. I have seen media corrupted.)

I might generalize to allow any vlcrc parameter to intellectual definition be used as a key. Let me know if you want a particular VLC parameter added to the. keys to allow individual media adjustment and I will check it out. Parameters differ in i disagree with you say, success when applied by lua extensions. Users with videos or tv recordings that need picture adjustment might.

be tired of intellectual definition manually adjusting the the importance of writing picture in VLC each time they play. There are Resume Media keys to adjust aspect-ratio and crop values. automatically while a video is playing. * Picture keys are RMA=nn:mm and RMC=nn:mm where nn:mm are ratios. (Ex. Intellectual Wellness. RMA=16:11 might make a boxy tv video aspect-ratio more appealing.) * See the ken yeang architecture Keys section above to definition enter keys into the table. * For technical reasons, application of picture keys is limited to. single selection plays initiated from any one of the Resume Media play. options. Multiple selections will play normally.

Since videos are. usually long, playing one at a time should not be an of Children with Incarcerated Parents Essay issue. Segmenting of media allows you to set start and stop times and name. the segments for any media (usually video, but audio also). Resume. Media will play the segments while ignoring the other parts. * Go to the Resume Media Settings and allow segmenting of media. * Play any media in the current Resume Media table. (Pausing is intellectual wellness, ok, since a paused media is still considered to be 'playing'.) * Now click [play/options] [segments] to Care of Children with Incarcerated Parents prepare to intellectual wellness edit segments. * Click [get] without selection to add media position to the input box. With a selection, [get] will load existing segment into the input box.

* Segment elements are [start stop name]. Our School Schedule Be Extended?. Get a start and definition stop time, add an optional name, click [save]. Marigolds Book. Save order is based on intellectual wellness, start time. - The start/stop times will be switched if they are out of order. - Type 'end' instead of marigolds book a time to indicate play to end of wellness definition media. - The segment name cannot contain parentheses, ( or ). * You can [delete] unwanted segments. * Segment play is limited to single plays initiated from Resume Media. Multiple selections will play normally without segments. * Setting mousewheel to position control in VLC Hotkey Preferences.

can make locating start and stop times more convenient. * There is but, a Resume Media setting to set the VLC Fullscreen setting. Use this to keep segment play in wellness definition, a window or fullscreen. An alternate. Fullscreen setting in marigolds book, the VLC Video Menu lasts for one VLC session. * For consistent window viewing, you might want to consider unchecking. 'Resize Interface to Video size' in VLC Interface Preferences.

* By default, the media name will show on a video at the beginning of. each segment. There is a VLC Video Preference setting to intellectual wellness turn that off. attempt is made to make the Structure segments behave like a single file. The. segments will play in order and intellectual wellness definition then the media will be marked finished. The media can be stopped and resumed in architecture, any segment. You can click. later in the time line and Resume Media will play the segment closest. to the time clicked.

Clicking past the last segment will finish media. If [^loopv] selected in [play More] then the segments will loop. so the media will just play from there until it hits the end time of. the segment it was playing. Resume Media can detect When you click. past the segment end time and wellness thereby decide what should be done next.

Clicking Play in VLC instead of Resume Media will not play segments. If you highlight some segments, then when the i disagree with what current segment ends, Resume Media will loop the highlighted segments. This allows you to. dynamically choose which segments will play. Wellness. Also, clicking later in. the time line (past the segment end) will play the next highlighted. segment instead of the My Organization's one closest to the time clicked, thus allowing. you to intellectual wellness jump through the highlighted segments. When there are no. highlights or you exit from the Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay segment list, segments play normally.

Be careful not to click [delete] when segments are highlighted. * Run time lets you sample all media for wellness definition a set number of i disagree with what but seconds. * Start time lets you start further into the media. A saved position. will override this value.

* Playback speed lets you, say, listen to an audio book faster or. have fun with a video, etc. * Pitch setting allows the audio pitch to vary or be unaffected when. playback speed is varied. Allows tuning of instrumental audio media. * Loop setting allows automatic looping when playing from Resume Media. that one song or piano piece out of a 100 you are looking for.

(Use saved positions combined with Run time for deep sampling.) I have not had access to intellectual wellness a Mac for the importance of writing a while now. Mac users who want to. experiment to get Resume Media working on OSX can try the following: Set allowosx = true near top of lua file for Resume Media to run. For tinkerers only. Don't get mad at anyone. Back up your lua file. Go down to osx_display() function and tinker with display settings. There is some additional explanation of the display issues there.

When (if) the display works, I will check the rest of the functions. *** constructive comments are welcome *** The dialog window starts out large and definition gets longer with each operation. the VLC developers, and what you say but accepted. There hasn't been any movement on. fixing this issue since 4/27.

The VLC team needs programmers to intellectual wellness help. to make Resume Media for ken yeang OSX possible. Everything seems to wellness definition work properly in Linus except segmenting. I will work to fix this issue. Please let me know if there are. other repeatable issues that you would like me to Be Extended? Essay address. Thanks. If you like this program, please put your mouse cursor on the 'Score' at the wellness definition top and i disagree with what but click the plus sign when it appears. Intellectual. Thanks!!

Last changelog: 2015-09-24 V3.40 61675. Detect XP in addition to later Windows. Setting to show/hide playlist control buttons in of writing, Resume Media. Setting to always loop selections played from intellectual wellness definition Resume Media. Setting for constant/variable audio pitch when playback speed changed. Added key to allow individual media playback speeds. 2015-07-14 V3.38 58343. Fix button-click function re-entry issue for Linux.

2015-07-10 V3.37 58099. Now also works in marigolds book, Linux for the most part. Table data moved to wellness VLC Resume Media directory in ken yeang architecture, the vlc directory. Tables backed up before a session and restorable during the session. 2015-07-01 V3.36 57668.

Correct media finished flag in segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.35 57615. Correct looping issue in definition, segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.34 57605. Correct 'run-time' setting behavior. Segment play order now correct if segments should happen to overlap. 2015-06-18 V3.33 56938.

Segments can be dynamically selected for play in My Organization's, the segments list. 2015-06-12 V3.32 56608. Improve some behaviors. 2015-05-31 V3.31 56015. Correct label in table view. 2015-05-31 V3.30 56000. Reverse default table behavior to not automatically add/delete media.

Settings can be changed as needed to automate add/delete behavior. 2015-05-28 V3.30 beta1 55803. Introduction of intellectual wellness definition media segmenting. 2015-05-27 V3.23 55668. Correct picture key handling when table order changes. 2015-04-13 V3.22 50813. Use the input box to set picture keys, saved positions and settings. Change to Kinship with Incarcerated Parents Essay picture-adjust keys only allowed when video playing. Setting to suppress automatic new table entry when media stops. 2015-03-24 V3.21 47979.

Playback speed can now be set without restarting VLC. 2015-03-17 V3.20 46639. New settings for start time, run time and playback speed Correct picture adjustment settings altered in V3.10. New setting to close or hide Resume Media when 'X' clicked. Eliminate one second delay between button clicks. Settings table now has its own button in intellectual wellness definition, the [play] menu. Allow copy as well as move when combining tables. Improve a few behaviors.

Display and adjust picture keys for the whole table. A manual update will now also update 'Finished' media. Setting to show bookmarked table entries in list of My Organization's tables. Advance bookmark when bookmarked media set to 'Finished'. Setting to allow manual or automatic picture adjustment. Version 3 with simpler handshaking with VLC. Bookmark feature added to keep track where last played.

Play Bookmark/Unfinished/Table/Selection with Random/Loop options. Revert to version 2.40 due to wellness definition unresolved issue in version 3. V2 main menu and marigolds book other buttons improved. Bookmark and autoplay features added. Table can be randomized manually or in autoplay. Main menu and intellectual wellness definition other buttons improved.

If media is playing, clicking [import/play] will now do a manual. update of the playing position without stopping the media. Improved text-reading economy using patterns. Cosmetic changes only. Modified a few labels.

More intuitive. 'Keep Media' mark is now '*' instead of 'K'. User settings (variables) are now adjusted in My Organization's, the dialog window. Removed the instances/exclude/busy complexity and issues, thus. simplifying Resume Media and the dialog for intellectual the majority of Kinship Care of Children Parents users. Moved user variables to top of download file for easy adjustment. New variables to adjust size of wellness definition table dialog window. Set variable simple = true to force a single hidden table with no. table dialog window. Control media and resume from the VLC playlist.

Rewind 5 seconds when resuming (adjustable variable 'rewind'). Selection no longer needed before entering Set/Delete mode. Set default media-just-started to 60 rather than 30 seconds. Set media completed flag to with you say but 'Finished' rather than 00:00:01. You can now reset media to 00:00:00 or set to wellness 'Finished.' Amend the previous update to include the case where the ken yeang architecture media is paused. If the intellectual wellness definition table dialog 'Play' button is clicked while media is playing, the media. stop position will now update before selected entries are enqueued in VLC. One click can stop/enqueue or enqueue/play but not stop/enqueue/play.

Allow media to remain in an excluded table when completed. Set X for the importance normal exclude or K to keep media with time reset to 00:00:01. Disallow automatic resume if Resume Media is opened while media is. playing, because the next stop event is undetectable in this case. Correct dialog update if media stopped during the tables dialog display. Correct open table option broken in last update.

Refine the media detection to eliminate spurious updates. A few other minor improvements. Resume Media will now open even if all tables are busy or excluded. This should be rare, but it allows recovery if tables are orphaned. Message saying that busy tables cannot be combined. Correct multiple-selection delete and intellectual definition move operations. Support for multiple tables. Entries can be sorted by time or name.

Add ability to rearrange table and to import the My Organization's Essay VLC playlist. * To add it automatically, click [Play/Options] and wellness then [Settings]. Architecture. Near the bottom, change Block- to Allow new table entry when media stops. From then on, when you stop a media in VLC, Resume Media will add the definition media name and stop position to the current table if it is not already there. Good luck, Rocky.

I can open the extension from the menu under VLC/Extensions but the Care with Incarcerated Parents window that opens never contains anything. I've also tried setting 'simple = true' in the file and still no luck, and also various ways of pausing/stopping/closing a video. and create subdirectory ..luaextensions. and created a text file named VLC Resume Media V3.lua 2. Wellness. Type Cntl-A to highlight the whole file contents. 3. Type Cntl-C to copy the Care Essay file contents to the clipboard. 4. Open the intellectual wellness definition VLC Resume Media V3.lua file you created in a text editor like Notepad. 5. Type Cntl-V to copy the contents into the file. Close the file. 6. With Incarcerated Essay. Open VLC and go to View menu at the top. 7. If everything went as planned, you will see Resume Media V3 at definition the bottom of the marigolds book View Menu.

8. Click it, and the Resume Media dialog window will open. Getting the intellectual definition same result as others - Resume pops a large window, striped, with no content, titled 'Resume Media Table 1'. I use windows 7 and when I press the download button I am immediately transferred to a txt page which says this - -- VLC Lua Extension by Rocky Dotterer 5/5/2014. filename = -- change if you want file(s) in your own directory. How can I download the you say Extension? 2015-09-24 V3.40 61675. Detect XP in addition to later Windows. Setting to intellectual show/hide playlist control buttons in Resume Media. Setting to always loop selections played from Schedule Be Extended? Essay Resume Media.

Setting for intellectual definition constant/variable audio pitch when playback speed changed. Added key to allow individual media playback speeds. 2015-07-14 V3.38 58343. Fix button-click function re-entry issue for Linux. 2015-07-10 V3.37 58099. Now also works in Linux for My Organization's Structure Essay the most part. Table data moved to VLC Resume Media directory in the vlc directory.

Tables backed up before a session and definition restorable during the session. 2015-07-01 V3.36 57668. Correct media finished flag in segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.35 57615. Correct looping issue in segment play. 2015-06-30 V3.34 57605.

Correct 'run-time' setting behavior. Segment play order now correct if segments should happen to overlap. 2015-06-18 V3.33 56938. Segments can be dynamically selected for play in the segments list. 2015-06-12 V3.32 56608. Improve some behaviors.

2015-05-31 V3.31 56015. Correct label in architecture, table view. 2015-05-31 V3.30 56000. Reverse default table behavior to not automatically add/delete media. Settings can be changed as needed to automate add/delete behavior. 2015-05-28 V3.30 beta1 55803. Introduction of media segmenting.

2015-05-27 V3.23 55668. Correct picture key handling when table order changes. 2015-04-13 V3.22 50813. Use the input box to set picture keys, saved positions and settings. Change to intellectual definition picture-adjust keys only allowed when video playing. Setting to suppress automatic new table entry when media stops. 2015-03-24 V3.21 47979. Playback speed can now be set without restarting VLC. 2015-03-17 V3.20 46639.

New settings for Schedule Essay start time, run time and playback speed Correct picture adjustment settings altered in V3.10. New setting to intellectual wellness close or hide Resume Media when 'X' clicked. Eliminate one second delay between button clicks. Settings table now has its own button in the [play] menu. Allow copy as well as move when combining tables.

Improve a few behaviors. Display and adjust picture keys for the whole table. A manual update will now also update 'Finished' media. Setting to show bookmarked table entries in ken yeang, list of tables. Advance bookmark when bookmarked media set to 'Finished'. Setting to intellectual definition allow manual or automatic picture adjustment. Version 3 with simpler handshaking with VLC.

Bookmark feature added to keep track where last played. Play Bookmark/Unfinished/Table/Selection with Random/Loop options. Revert to version 2.40 due to unresolved issue in with what you say but, version 3. V2 main menu and other buttons improved. Bookmark and autoplay features added. Table can be randomized manually or in intellectual wellness definition, autoplay. Main menu and other buttons improved. If media is playing, clicking [import/play] will now do a manual. update of the playing position without stopping the Should Be Extended? media. Improved text-reading economy using patterns. Cosmetic changes only.

Modified a few labels. Intellectual. More intuitive. 'Keep Media' mark is now '*' instead of 'K'. User settings (variables) are now adjusted in the dialog window. Removed the instances/exclude/busy complexity and issues, thus. simplifying Resume Media and the dialog for the majority of My Organization's Structure users. Moved user variables to top of download file for easy adjustment. New variables to adjust size of table dialog window. Set variable simple = true to force a single hidden table with no. table dialog window. Control media and intellectual wellness definition resume from the VLC playlist.

Rewind 5 seconds when resuming (adjustable variable 'rewind'). Selection no longer needed before entering Set/Delete mode. Set default media-just-started to Kinship Care of Children with Essay 60 rather than 30 seconds. Set media completed flag to 'Finished' rather than 00:00:01. You can now reset media to 00:00:00 or set to 'Finished.'

Amend the previous update to include the case where the media is paused. If the table dialog 'Play' button is clicked while media is playing, the media. stop position will now update before selected entries are enqueued in VLC. One click can stop/enqueue or enqueue/play but not stop/enqueue/play. Allow media to remain in an excluded table when completed. Set X for normal exclude or K to keep media with time reset to 00:00:01. Disallow automatic resume if Resume Media is opened while media is. playing, because the intellectual definition next stop event is undetectable in this case. Correct dialog update if media stopped during the tables dialog display.

Correct open table option broken in last update. Refine the media detection to eliminate spurious updates. A few other minor improvements. Resume Media will now open even if all tables are busy or excluded. This should be rare, but it allows recovery if tables are orphaned. Message saying that busy tables cannot be combined. Correct multiple-selection delete and move operations. Support for multiple tables. Entries can be sorted by the importance time or name.

Add ability to intellectual definition rearrange table and to My Organization's Structure Essay import the VLC playlist.

Order Essay Paper From #1 Paper Writing Service For Students - Dimensions of Wellness - Intellectual Wellness | Definition of Wellness

Write My Paper - Dimensions of Wellness - Intellectual Wellness | Definition of Wellness

Nanovo: From The Cosy Dens of Another Time. by Benjamin Tallis. Who could possibly want such things? When Jiri Mrazek and Adam Karasek started Nanovo in 2009, they were prepared for the fact that their salvaged and restored modernist furniture would not be to everyones taste. However, Karaseks mothers reaction (quoted above) shows the scale of the challenge they faced. Given the wellness, general revival of modernist architecture and design over the last decade, this may seem surprising, but it reveals much about a regionally particular politics of Should memory that colours attitudes towards domestic design as much as architecture. However, Nanovos success also shows how dominant narratives about the intellectual wellness, past and the present are being challenged and highlights the role of Should material objects in doing so. Many Czechs share the now widespread appreciation of the International Style. This strand of modernism carries the echoes of the First Republic, the Czech golden age, when a flourishing of art and design and the big-thinking industrial dynamism of companies such as Bata, combined to thrust the newly-stated nation onto intellectual definition the world stage.

This celebrated history has long allowed Czechs to Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay, embrace the International Style as a part of their own heritage, exemplified in the Tugendhat and Muller villas, but mid-century meant something very different here than the purposeful elegance of Mad Men or the soaring hope of Eero Saarinen. After 89, the urge to definition, disavow the communist past led to a disavowal of Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? its aesthetics. At home this often meant junking the intellectual wellness definition, old in favour of the flat-packed or multinationally homogenous new and many design classics of this other modernism became flotsam and jetsam in the currents of post-communist transition. Mrazek and Karasek travelled and studied abroad, where they saw that, far from being shunned, the ken yeang, designs of this other time, of this other modernity were celebrated. Intellectual Definition! These experiences drove them to question the conformism of domestic consumption after communism and to speculate that the objects, the material remains of that past could also have a place in the present. Inspired by flea-market-furnished Berlin, Mrazek and the importance of writing, Karasek, set about rescuing the gems of communist-era domestic design from thrift stores and junk shops around the Czech Republic.

Rescuing domestic objects from the garbage heap of history, resonates with bigger trends in Czech society that seek to reclaim private memories from the blanket condemnation that obscures the lived experiences of this period. This resistance to intellectual wellness, locally-dominant politics of memory is interwoven with a dissatisfaction with what might be termed the multinational style, the homogenizing blandness that became characteristic of much of the 90s and 00s in transition and which manifested itself in the limited choice of Western-approved or Western-owned furniture, beer or politics. Nanovos focus is on domestic objects and their ever-changing collection of household and industrial modernism. However, the Essay, Jitona sideboards, Tesla desklamps, Pragotron clocks, workshop lighting are complemented by other minor markers of time and place: chicken-shaped plastic eggcups, vintage paddles for boats long stuck-up other creeks, maps of the world made for socialist classroom walls. These objects recall the intellectual wellness, private lives of Czechs and Structure, Slovaks in the period of wellness definition Normalisation.

This closing down of the public sphere, a social permafrost that followed Pragues most famous spring, heightened the importance of creating cosy dens[1]: domestic realms of retreat, resilience and resistance which functioned as interior outsides, where children could grow up and happy times could be had, in spite of post-totalitarian one party rule. As Charity Scribner notes in Requiem for Communism [2] consideration of the domestic objects of these times allows for collective memory work on a human scale. Despite muddled media reports,[3] Mrazek is marigolds book adamant that Nanovo does not seek to definition, satiate Ostalgic desires for retro kitsch that rest on the allure of a dangerous regime now thrillingly exotic at Essay a safe historical distance. The focus is on design quality rather than the period or conditions of wellness their production. The Finnish PeeM chair a leather upholstered armchair, which turns on i disagree with what an aluminium four-spoke base has proved as popular now as it was in 70s Czechoslovakia.

Mrazek argues that: These pieces looked good 20 years ago; and they will look good in 20 years. Nonetheless, Nanovos style certainly appeals to intellectual wellness, those, like its founders, who grew up in the 70s and 80s and who were heavily shaped by the architecture and urbanism of the time as these styles unconsciously sunk under our skin as Mrazek puts it. Mrazek and Karasek grew up respectively in the lower and architecture, upper parts of Pragues Smichov district, where they still live, although they have now swapped places on wellness definition the hill. From flea markets to the annual design supermarket, via the opening of a large warehouse space (and mid-century Aladdins cave) in architecture, the outlying industrial area of Vysocany and, recently, the opening of a flagship store in Pragues Old Town, Nanovo has come in from the margins and spawned a series of intellectual wellness definition imitators. This growing acceptance and success speaks to the changing conditions of the politics of My Organization's Essay memory and its material manifestations in the Czech Republic. Nanovos founders are part of the generation known locally as Husaks Children after the definition, Czechoslovak leader Gustav Husak who oversaw the period of normalisation.

Coming of age only after 89, this generation has sought continuity between their past and present; to reconcile the Our School Be Extended?, material environments of chidhood and adolescence with those encountered later. It is no surprise therefore that the Nanovo look is commonplace in the new generation of bars and intellectual definition, cafes they own, run and frequent: Cafe Kaabas opaxit glass-topped coffee tables, the industrial lamps in Cafe Sladkovsky, the Ton and Tatra chairs in Cafe v Lese and marigolds book, the plectrum-shaped formica Brusel tables in the Malkovich bar are but a few of wellness many possible examples. These hipster hangouts combine internationally recognisable traits with a distinctive Czechness that speaks of a resurgent self-confidence a willingness to rescue their childhood from the with what you say, totalising judgements of history and to reject the post-historical ablandisements of transition. The Ambiente restaurant group has also got in on this act with its haute reinterpretations of classic Czech cuisine but, even more so, with its Lokal pubs. These locales pride themselves on serving only Czech products and some of the finest Pilsner in intellectual wellness definition, Prague but it is in the decor and in the small touches, such as the with but, flea-market-familiar plastic bread baskets, that Lokal really stands out. The wooden benches and wall coverings feature etched, backlit graffiti of the kind familiar from school desks Europe-wide, harking back to the schooldays of definition designer Maxim Velcovsky (born 1976) and many others. The bathroom decoration takes things a step further with the walls (in the gents) covered from floor to ceiling in a scrapbook collage of images from the 70s and 80s: Niki Laudas Ferrari and Skoda sports editions; Franz Beckenbauer Michel Platini and Antonin Panenka; glamorous foreign air hostesses and local soft porn. These images are taken from period magazines not only from Czechoslovakia and other Warsaw Pact countries, but from Structure Essay Western publications as well. Lokals fixtures, fittings and collage questions the sweeping judgements that emphasise clear-cut difference between West and East and the isolation and inferiority of the latter, by recalling the ways in which people lived and the connections between the blocs. Mrazek a big fan of intellectual definition Lokal was also quick to note the international influence in Czech design during communism: You can see that a magazine came from, lets say Italy, and that then there are some designs for lamps that, dont copy but somehow work with, what the designers had seen there. A generation of what Mrazek describes as open-minded Czechs are looking afresh at the aspects of you say their past, which, far from being something to be ashamed of are now celebrated: for the skill of designers and architects in remaining conversant with and making major contributions to modernist design under testing circumstances.

Emphasising the connections of this modernism to intellectual, Western outsides, rather than seeing it as product of isolated communist inferiority, has helped spur public re-appraisals of brutalist architecture as well as of Nanovo-style domestic design. However, the Czechoslovak modernism of the marigolds book, 60s, 70s and 80s also testifies to particular lived experiences of communism and of what followed. Contemplating the worth of the design of this period invites reflection on the ways that Czechs can find their place in wellness, their increasingly interconnected post-communist world without totally disavowing their past or surrendering to My Organization's, the false diversity of much of the multinational present. Charity Scribner, quoting Maurice Halbwachs, argues that: Space is a reality that endures. Indeed, we can only recapture the past by understanding how it is preserved in our physical surroundings. Place and intellectual definition, group mutually constitute one another. Nanovos founders Mrazek and Karasek provide material ways in which this can happen and spur modernist questioning of the pseudo-diversity of the Parents, postmodern present. We should seize the chance, as many Czechs are doing to consider their place in the international order and in their own cosy dens. A version of this piece originally appeared in The Modernist, Domestic issue in 2014 . [1] Cosy Dens is a literal translation of the Czech term Pelisky which is also the title of a well-known, 1999 Czech film, directed by Jan Hrebejk. [2] Charity Scribner (2003), Requiem for definition Communism, Cambridge: MIT Press. The news that Pro-European, anti-Yanukovych protestors in Kyiv had toppled the Lenin statue at the corner of Kreshchatyk and Shevchenko brought to mind a story told to me by the artist and activist Nikita Kadan.

It was merely days after Yanukovychs Party of Regions along with their allies, the Communist Party of Ukraine, had secured victory in the parliamentary elections, gaining the majority that saved Yanukovych and marigolds book, Azarov in the Verkhovna Rada this past Tuesday. It seemed a long time since the Orange Revolution had failed; a long time since we had given up on intellectual definition Yushchenko; a long time since some of Kinship Care of Children with us realized that an oligarch, even one with a golden halo of wheatsheaf hair, could not be trusted. Now, it is that November night that seems a long way away. As we wandered, frozen through Kyiv, in search of a bar for a warming brandy, we walked past the Lenin statue and Nikita told me the story of the Black Lenin. The statue of VI Ulyanov that stands at the opposite end of the intellectual wellness definition, Kreshchatyk to the Maidan was richly rendered in ken yeang, red Karelian marble and Kadan told me then about the wellness, last time it had been attacked, when acid had been thrown onto it, disfiguring the face and hands. Marigolds Book! The Communist Party of intellectual definition Ukraine, whose posters, tents and videos had been all over Our School Be Extended? Kyiv that summer, paid for the restoration and arranged for definition a protective vigil to be kept close by. Typically, however, not all went to plan. The marble ordered to Kinship of Children Essay, put right the damage was of a significantly darker shade than the intellectual, original. Given that the damage had been to the face and hands, the botched restoration had the effect of changing the architecture, statues skin colour, giving birth to a historical miracle to the legend of intellectual The Black Lenin. Since then I have often thought about the Black Lenin. At the time it seemed to somehow symbolize what I felt about Ukraine, about the work of Nikita and the REP, of Maksym Butkevych and Vasyl Cherepanyn, about the conversations with Denis, Mariya and Julia and more recently with the Ukrainian students in Odessa, Lviv and Prague.

It summed up the incompetence of those they were fighting against, which was manifest in their newly intersectional statue. It seemed in its own, amusingly surreal way to invert the old Viennese saw: the situation is serious, but not hopeless said Black Lenin. The energy, decency and courage in adversity of those who I have known in Ukraine has come shining through to a wider audience in what you say, the last week. This is wellness a second chance. A chance to put right what happened when the future turned out to be orange, but not bright. Apart from my friends there, my love of the diverse history, culture, food (yes, even salo) and drink I have found there, my engagement with Ukraine has been almost entirely through the prism of the EU. Marigolds Book! In my professional work and in my research or in definition, relation to thinking through the direction that the country could take, for better and for worse; in reflecting long and hard on the perils of transition and of stagnation; in weighing up the merits of association and isolation, of subjugation and My Organization's Structure Essay, sustenance. And it was the intellectual wellness, EU that triggered this wave of protests, finding that, almost despite itself, it was popular; that in official rejection it was still desirable as a counterpoint to Putinism and to the self-interested elites who have dominated Ukraines two decades of independence.

That evening, last November in Kyiv, Nikita who was recovering from marigolds book a cold, was more subdued than usual, but had been a perfect host as he guided some friends and I through the exhibition at the Pinchuk Centre. He was featured twice in the show, which showcased the shortlist for the Future Generation Prize, once for a solo work The Small House of Giants and once as part of the REP Group who were nominated for their work Evro-remont Euro-Renovation. Both stand as suitable prisms through which to reflect on intellectual definition the rubble of communist icons. Cloaked as ever in a disarming simplicity and precise control of material, Nikitas Small House of Structure Essay Giants comprised a classic, rusting iron-sided workers shelter, spliced with a clean, all too familiar, yet still unknowable neo-modernist facade of the type that a museum from the Soviet 70s might take. This juxtaposition of wellness depth and of writing, surface, of rich texture and subtle sheen are united through the myth of the heroic worker. Yet they point to the lives that were lived in-spite, as well as that which couldnt be just forgotten overnight.

Kadan has long tried to mourn the loss of the intellectual wellness definition, Soviet art institution, replaced by the prosthetic limbs of gallerys like Pinchuks. This mourning drifted to melancholia because of the i disagree but, void that followed what was lost; because of the failure of transition in Ukraine; because of the failure to replace and intellectual wellness definition, renew; because of Ukraines Euro-Renovation. The REPs piece in the exhibition consisted of a series of gypsum walls, each decorated in a hastily adopted and discarded style from the importance sometime in the last twenty years, with matching carpet or lino. Evro-remont should be familiar to anyone who has tried to rent a flat in the former Soviet Union. Intellectual Definition! The cheaply rendered, hollow imitations of styles that might, briefly, look the part but wont go the architecture, distance the kind of walls that you could put your elbow through in a good conversation was how Nikita once described it to me. This prioritization of intellectual surface over substance has come to stand as a metaphor for Ukraines transition superficial imitations of elsewheres new cover the old core which rots underneath. Eurorenovation is a style for people who are now stealing what they see and plan to run away in a very short time. From interior design from these super kitschy interiors of with but 90s it turned into everything. Now, Black Lenin is gone, the first to go in the protestors hastily-cobbled decapitation strategy. Definition! All the interpretations of anti-Russian-ness, all the overly simplified finally, the victory over communism is complete rhetoric that will undoubtedly follow this highly symbolic moment, will miss the point. This was the tearing away of Care of Children with Incarcerated Parents a euro-renovation, hastily authored by the rotten post-communist communist party.

Rejecting Putinism is not to reject Russia many Russians would like to intellectual definition, do the same. Similarly, embracing the EU need not be only an embrace of imbalanced neoliberalism, as many in ken yeang, current EU states would agree. Ukrainians have shown the intellectual wellness, EU a way back to its better sides and Structure, given it a chance to resurrect and re-boot its Eastern Partnership. It should grasp it with both hands. As well as looking to the future, a proper reckoning with what was lost in the past is needed if a more solid foundation for progressive politics is to intellectual wellness definition, be built in Ukraine. This means tearing through the false overlayings, not glossing over them. If such a foundation can be built, then Ukraine can be build a better future for itself and become a bridge between the EU and Russia, not a gypsum buffer zone for either. Ukrainians are fed up with Euro-renovations, this time they want Europe. Indecent Exposure or: The Brussels Dream The Czechoslovak Expo 58 Pavillion.

A tourist strolling down the right bank of the the importance of writing, Vltava, contentedly absorbing the wellness definition, gothic and baroque splendour of Mala Strana and the Hradcany, might, a little further down the My Organization's, river, be forgiven for thinking Where the hell did that come from? Downstream of the decorative Hanavsky Pavilon, something that looks like it could be a modernist hermitage nestles in wellness definition, the trees at the importance the Northern end of the Letna park, its minimal chic obtrusive among the expressive edifices of downtown Prague. The arcing glass and shining steel of the kidney-shaped, elevated gallery grab the viewers attention from the riverside, with the subtle grace of the wellness, glazed pedestal only becoming apparent upon closer inspection. In answer to the tourists question, this light triumph came from Brussels, although, despite the flags fluttering in front of it, this building has nothing to do with the EU. It dates from a time before the Belgian capital became synonymous with the administrative HQ of the European political project, when Brussels hosted the Worlds Fair: Expo 58. This cold-war Expo was a highly politically charged event, a symbolic showcase for the superpowers, keen to trumpet their technical prowess and trump the progress of those on the other side of what had yet to become a wall. The 58 Expo was also the first major international exhibition to be held since the end of World War 2 and, despite being planned in the dark days of the 1950s, it was a modernist materialisation of hope, giving snatched glimpses of better futures. Although held less than two years after the both the Suez crisis and the crushing of the Budapest uprising, the Kinship of Children, Worlds Fair came in during a brief thaw in open hostilities, the lull before the storm of the proxy war in Congo and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Briefly it seemed that the cold war could be won by science and culture, by those who could not only divide heaven, but who could also harness technological progress to deliver better living. This was the time of both Sputnik and Saarinen, of Laika and wellness, the Lever Building; a time when Mad Men set about bringing the gains of Mutually Assured Destruction and the space race into with what you say but, mid-century living rooms. In the soviet bloc, Khrushchevs 20 th Congress denunciation had opened a narrow window of intellectual wellness opportunity for My Organization's Essay architects and designers, as they were called upon to intellectual wellness, provide visual and material distance from the stodgy confections with which Boris Iofan and others had tried to sugar-coat tyranny. In Czechoslovakia, many of the golden generation of i disagree you say interwar architecture found under the new regime that they flew too close to the sun and so this rare possibility to reconnect to the international style was an alluring one. With the accent firmly on the modern, visitors to the Expo were invited to spend One Day in Czechoslovakia, in an exposition that cracked the western-manufactured facade of communist-era culture being uniformly dull and grey. The light and voluminous spaces of Frantisek Cubr, Josef Hruby and Zdenek Pokornys pavilion set the scene for the most striking avant-garde theatre of the Expo. Josef Svobodas Polyekran (multiscreen) and Laterna Magika (magic lantern) combined projection and performance to stunning effect and stood proudly alongside the Corbusier inspired Poeme Electronique as highlights of the festival. Definition! Function was not forgotten amidst these effervescent forms, with the pavilions elegant lines providing the backdrop to the best of contemporary Czechoslovak public and interior design, such as the classic T3 tram seat (heater included for those cold Prague winters) and the Hedgehog tea set. While the political focus was on the potential standoff between the My Organization's, neighbouring American and Soviet showgrounds, it was the Czechs and Slovaks who took home the prize for the best pavilion. But that wasnt all they took home, as the beautiful, curving structure that now sits in the Letna orchards, was the pavilion restaurant, where millions of intellectual wellness definition visitors made sure that their one day in i disagree with you say, Czechoslovakia included a pint of the intellectual wellness, original and best Pilsner. The Saaz-laden suds of Bohemias best-known export undoubtedly helped things go with a swing, but it was in successfully marrying such traditional craft with cutting edge technological achitecture, that the comfort with which interwar Czechoslovakia had ascended to Care Parents, the worlds cultural top-table.

Unlike the American pavilion which rejected the anonymity, uniformity and all the things that go to make up modernism[1] or the confused Soviet pavilion which encased a thoroughly retrograde exhibition in a steel and intellectual wellness definition, glass shell, Czechoslovakia showed how modern architecture could both spur new socio-cultural possibilities and accommodate more traditional pursuits. At the end of the Care Incarcerated Parents Essay, Expo, the restaurant was transported back to Prague and fulfilled this function throughout the communist era, including the intellectual, repressive period of normalisation, where it must have been a mirage-like reminder, a sleek, shimmering and of Children Incarcerated Essay, somewhat unreal reminder of what Czechs came to know as the Bruselsky Sen (Brussels dream). In 1991 a fire destroyed the intellectual wellness definition, interior and like so many buildings realised under the socialist regime, it was not properly valued in the heady tumult of what followed. Today, although it is well signposted in the park, visitors cannot enter the restaurant building, as it is now the Should Our School Schedule Essay, offices of an advertising company. Wellness Definition! The company found itself embroiled in controversy in 2008 when it ran the Prague Mayors unrealistic vanity campaign to bring the Olympics to Prague under the slogan We are all on the National Team. This was parodied on the Art Wall under the Expo restaurant by artivists Guma Guar who used the Should Schedule Be Extended?, same artwork and slogan, but instead of lauding faux-noble equestrians perched ludicrously atop mountains, they applied it to well known Czech criminals. Is it too much to hope that the advertising agency would seek to intellectual wellness, show that they too are part of the architecture, national team and return this beautiful building to public use? In doing so, they would gain their greatest PR success and intellectual, provide a welcome reminder of a time where modernist substance triumphed over superpower spin.

The text for this piece originally appeared in The Modernist Issue 6: Cuppa in December 2012. [1] Citizens and Architects, Architectural Forum, 110: January 1959. The Continuation of Warsaw by Other Means. Appropriately sited on the corner of Aleja Jerozolimskie (Jerusalem Avenue) and Nowy Swiat (New World St), a red-hued mosaic celebrates the heroic resistance of the doomed 1944 Warsaw Rising, while its accompanying inscription offers a post-war rallying cry of unity Caly Narod Buduje Swoja Stolica (The Whole Nation Builds Our Capital). The familiar narrative of a shattered nation pulling together to rebuild in the aftermath of Second World War destruction is particularly poignant in Poland, where one in five people were killed, and especially visible in Warsaw, where nearly ninety percent of the citys buildings were destroyed.

However, although the capital did rise, phoenix-like, from the rubble in the spirit of the marigolds book, inscription, this is a deceptively simple cipher through which to read Warsaws urban form. The mosaic betrays the fault-lines which underlie the miracle on the Vistula and which continue to cleave its urban canvas. It is too often imagined that communist-era urbanism must equate to grey uniformity, but anyone expecting Warszawa to wellness, offer monochrome monotony will be disappointed: this has always been a more diverse and upbeat place than Bowies Low lament might suggest. Marigolds Book! The particularity of Polands war experience and definition, its aftermath, the periodic expansion and contraction of the meshes of communist power, internecine arguments over the past and My Organization's Structure Essay, the future and relations with the outside have all left their mark on Warsaws cityscape. Resentment towards the Red Army, which watched from across the intellectual definition, Vistula as Warsaw was ripped apart, gave the post-Liberation communist regime a precarious hold on public affections. Rapid rebuilding was one way to cement the Partys grip on power, inspiring Stakhanovite efforts from Should Schedule workers dreaming of providing a home for everyone in intellectual wellness, Poland, as Mateusz Birkut, the still-naive hero of Andrzej Wajdas film Man of Marble movingly relays. The whole nation also (re)built the the importance of writing, capital in another way bricks salvaged from the rubble of other Polish cities were sent to warsaw in wellness, order to accelerate the reconstruction of the old town.[1] Histories of wounded pride and the prominent position of the Catholic church ensured that Warsaws old town rose from the ruins in record time. Even today however, the old-town churches dont quite smell old enough.

Amidst milling tourists they are strangely mustless and anachronistic affectual voids. The rebuilt old reveals little about i disagree with what you say but competing postwar visions of the new apparent elsewhere in the city. Wellness Definition! As Architectural Historian Iwona Kurz notes, this was explicitly recognised at the time In the My Organization's Structure Essay, good, old film Adventure at Mariensztat, (directed by Leonard Buczkowski, 1954) a leading female character dressed up in intellectual, a folk costume, who has freshly arrived from a small village is sightseeing in Warsaw and Kinship of Children Incarcerated Parents Essay, she is bored to wellness, death with the ken yeang, sight of the wellness definition, reconstructed old town and Krakowskie Przemiesce. She prefers to Kinship of Children with Incarcerated Parents Essay, go to a construction site which is bustling with activity.[2] The concurrent construction of the Smyk department store and intellectual definition, the Marszalkowska residential district showcased the competition between Modernist and Socialist-Realist styles that betrayed wider struggles. Smyks six elegantly glazed floors, with beveled, floating corners were unlike anything that had been built in Schedule Be Extended?, Poland when it was unveiled in definition, 1951. Amidst widespread condemnation from party hacks and Structure Essay, their useful architectural idiots, it is a wonder that the Central Department Store was actually built. Wellness Definition! In Architektura , Jan Minorski wrote This is an the importance of writing, architecture devoid of any educational capacity [which] just like the non-ideological architectural decadence of Loos and Corbusiers Art Nouveau [shows] the ideology of ruling classes when their days are numbered.[3] The People however seemed to disagree, with 80,000 of them visiting the store in intellectual definition, its first three days of opening. Meanwhile, only a few blocks away, between Plac Konstytucji and Plac Zbawiciela, a capital of capitals was rising.

The thickset bombast of the Marszalkowska district would not look out of place in Kyiv or Moscow; hulking, sandy-coloured edifice complexes, decorated with classical colonnades and Care of Children with Incarcerated Parents, scant reliefs of workers, soldiers and peasants. This is the imagined community of the whole nation that built the capitals atop the classical columns and wellness, which lend the area all the elegance of a borrowed suit. A similar conflict plays out on Defilad Square, dominated by Structure the massive Palace of intellectual wellness Culture and Science (1955), a gift to i disagree but, peoples Poland from Josef Stalin. This Iofan-style wedding cake (locally nicknamed the elephant in lingerie), cuts an impressive and threatening figure, but softens as it is reflected in the windows of the intellectual wellness, Wars, Sawa and Junior shopping centres. These sleek ripostes to Schedule Be Extended? Essay, monumental folly were conceived in intellectual wellness definition, 1956 for a Warsaw of the future, full of cars, helicopters, scooters, [of] quick life .[4] Ironically however, delays meant that the shopping centres were only completed in 1970, as was the marigolds book, nearby Emilia furniture store, with its beautifully corrugated roof an wellness, abstract wave topping out elegant linearity. Opening in the same year as the state massacre of protesting workers that precipitated the fall of Gomulka regime, these buildings seemingly presaged the relative openness of the Gierek period, with Western money and architecture, technology helping shape the beige banality of the Hotel Forum as well as the wellness, dramatic, swooping curves of the Central Station. Even as it gloried in its new constructions, increased foreign contacts emboldened resistance to the regime, provoking a new wave of crackdowns in the early 80s. The solidarity of My Organization's Structure Essay workers, church and intellectual definition, intellectuals in the face of martial law cracked the marigolds book, communist facade and the process of transition opened the floodgates for Western capital to shape Polands capital, threatening to drown Warsaws modernist babies as it flushed out the socialist bathwater.

The Palaces skyline dominanace is now challenged by intellectual a crop of identikit office towers that signal a certain kind of belonging in the world of what global flows and which blend into undulating CADishness at ground level. Everything is wellness definition neon-sponsored, even the former party headquarters. Hipsters congregating in the colonnade bars of Marszalkowska render the columns more ironic than ionic, as yesterdays worker-heroes look on uncomfortably between the adverts, while in Solec and marigolds book, Powisle, modernist buildings provide the backdrop for cool bars with endearingly warm welcomes. Yet this apparently easy coexistence belies the continued conflicts that will shape Warsaws future. In the shadow of the wellness definition, bland new skyscrapers, low-rise Emilia stands out, yet faces an uncertain future as developers wanting to destroy it compete with curators who have set about revivifying the of Children with Incarcerated Parents Essay, space. Staging the exhibition Warsaw under Construction (2012) in Emilia provided a focal point for resistance to the erasure of Warsaws socialist era modernism and wellness definition, has seen artists, activists and academics joining forces in the next battle for Warsaw: the battle for more nuanced memories of both the communist period and its modernist architecture. [1] I am grateful to Stuart Shields for reminding of the importance of writing this! [2] [4] As quoted in Jerzy S. Majewskis (2010) Book of Walks: Landmarks of Peoples Poland in Warsaw which has been inspirational and invaluable for this piece. [3] Architektura ( 1956), quoted in intellectual wellness definition, Majewski (2010). The Unbearable Lightness of Being Ignored (Full Version) The Unbearable Lightness of ken yeang architecture Being Ignored.

Czech Brutalist Architecture The Politics of Material Memory in Postcommunism. Those in the aesthetic know have long recognized that there is much more to Prague than the dreamlike castle rising above the Baroque and intellectual wellness, Rococo confections that jostle for tourists attention in the picturesque old town. Interwar Czechoslovakia gained a well-earned reputation for its modernist milieu, from which sprang the painting of Frantisek Kupka, the poetry of Vitezslav Nezval and the design classics such as the streamlined teardrop tourer, the Tatra T77. Architects working in Masaryks Republic also ensured that Modernist light flooded the bourgeois residences of the famous Villas Mueller (Adolf Loos) and Tugendhat (Mies van der Rohe). In contrast to the folksy, myth-making and Be Extended? Essay, introspective imaginary of the National Revival, the nascent bi-national consciousness that emerged from the decline of decadent Kakania and the carnage of the First World War openly embraced the International Style. Czech architects and their patrons absorbed lessons learnt abroad and intellectual, let their projects talk the My Organization's Structure, language of intellectual wellness definition CIAM[1], but with a proudly Czech accent. Of many possible examples, Oldrich Tyl and Josef Fuchs Functionalist Trade-Fair Palace in Holesovice and Josef Havlicek and Karel Honziks Corbusian Pension Institute in Zizkov display a familiarity and Essay, comfort with the principles and practice of Modernist architecture that fuelled the urban utopianism of Tomas Batas shiny phenomenon in Zlin and reflected the intellectual wellness, confidence of a Republic, recognized as such for the first time, beginning to feel like it belonged in the world.

The thoroughly modern flourishing of Our School Be Extended? Essay this sense of collective self was tragically cut short by the British and intellectual wellness, French betrayal at Munich. Chamberlains cruel condemnation of Czechoslovakia as a faraway country of which we know little, an expendable pawn in the cynical play of great-power politics, opened the door for Nazi annexation and occupation, liberation by the Red Army and the subsequent slide into authoritarian communism. That short, twenty-year period, remembered elsewhere as a time of but crisis[2], was burned into the Czechoslovak collective memory as a time of unparalleled freedom and creativity, hope and possibility. This was a time when the intellectual wellness, swirling forces of modernist creativity, such as those of Karel Teiges Devetsil ensured that while this medium-sized, Central European country grew to marigolds book, become worlds 6 th largest exporting economy, it was feted not only for its wares, but the way it wore them. The memory of this period has become crucial to historicized understandings of intellectual definition what followed as well as ideas of Care with Parents Essay how to be, become and belong in the present, which has been both reflected and intellectual wellness definition, reinforced in i disagree with but, the material memoryscape. The clipping of the First Republics youthful wings is often seen as the intellectual, end of the Czech modernist line, leaving behind an architectural high-water mark as a reminder of Structure Essay what could have been, of a time when concrete could be the definition, stuff of dreams, rather than the material manifestation of a closing curtain-wall.

The monuments to marigolds book, that golden youth are now regular highlights on tourist schedules, highly recommended in guidebooks and often featured in design magazines. Significantly, they are promoted and intellectual wellness definition, maintained by city and state authorities, sites of officially sanctioned mourning, melancholia and nostalgia. However, while such acclaim is richly deserved, the politics of material memory are never far from postcommunist surfaces. The focus on the First Republic has meant that many of Pragues later modernist gems have often been ignored, seemingly hidden in the importance, plain sight. What Prague is intellectual wellness definition For. Whereas Berlin is marigolds book lauded for intellectual wellness its TV Tower and Cafe Moskau and the former Soviet Union has seen its Cosmic Communist Constructions Photographed to widespread acclaim by Frederic Chaubin, Czech Brutalism has remained largely uncelebrated, mired in the brutal circumstances of its making. The Importance! It is notable that in a feature article on another recent book in intellectual definition, this emerging genre[3], Socialist Modern buildings in Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Serbia, Hungary, Ukraine and Georgia are mentioned, while the Czech Republic is conspicuous by its absence. The Ministry of Transportation in Should Be Extended? Essay, Tblisi, The Slovak National Library in Bratislava, the Riga TV Tower and everything from the post-office to the university in Skopje all warrant attention but, somehow, in the international imagination, this is intellectual not what Prague is for i disagree with what but . This impression has often also been cultivated by previously dominant politics of wellness definition public memory, with Pragues brutalist buildings seen as sad anomalies amidst the ancien splendour inconvenient material truths that have nonetheless served a useful purpose by i disagree prodding at the guilty conscience of visiting tourists and statesmen, obscuring their uses and material qualities by casting them into the shadow of totalitarianism. It is important to understand the causes of this willed amnesia, which in the time after communism, curated a particularly powerful impression of the recent past and has had significant implications for how life can be lived in the present. The confluence of international and local understandings of the history of the definition, short 20 th Century and especially its second-half, has created a dominant narrative of post-communist collective memory.

This view sees 1989 as the inevitable victory of a superior western model that ended a period defined exclusively by oppression and suffering, thus condemning the lived experience of millions of people to Our School Be Extended?, the garbage heap of history and constructing them in the present as victims and damaged goods. Definition! In part, this has been tactical, helping to My Organization's Structure, forge an understanding of a Czechs as Central Europeans and thus deserving of intellectual wellness a return to Europe, to the exclusion of those further East, condemned as oriental others, as non-EUropeans. Milan Kunderas famous essay The Kidnapped West[4] is a prominent example of such an approach, asserting Central European belonging in a Western idea of you say but Europe and grounding its legitimacy in the interwar period. Central Europe becomes the Wests jilted lover, banished to the Russian East, diverted from its true path and facing a kidnapped present and a hijacked future. Ironically, although Kundera explicitly rejects Marx and Hegels version of History, he effectively espouses a Fukuyamian historicism avant le letter, albeit one that limits the teleology of a Western destiny of Liberal-Market-Democracy to Western and Central Europeans and Americans . The importance of this narrative to intellectual wellness definition, dominant understandings of postcommunism cannot be overstated. Playing on the curtailed experience of democracy and linking this to the cultural flourishing of the First Republic, helped Vaclav Havel and Lech Walesa (and others) ensure that the i disagree with you say but, so-called Return to Europe was institutionally concretised in accession to the European Union, although this very much on intellectual wellness definition the EUs terms[5]. The creation of the link between the First Republic and Should Schedule Be Extended?, contemporary belonging helps to erase nuanced understandings of the communist period. Definition! To be clear, this was indeed a time of tremendous suffering, oppressive politics and the callous crushing of My Organization's Essay a shocking amount of human potential, but was that the whole story? As Vaclav Havel famously noted, there were many forms of resistance and resilience in the face of terrible circumstances, with those who were supposedly powerless, actually enacting their power on the everyday stage. It is therefore worth questioning whether this this was a postcultural period, as Kundera claimed, or whether this assertion is as ideologically freighted as the communism (and Russianness) he set out to oppose. The Manichean view of the interwar period as good, the time until 89 as bad and what followed as a return to the good life has had several important effects and affects.

Following Kundera, this sees postcommunist transition as a journey from point to intellectual wellness, point, from the stolen European and capitalist past to the predetermined ?progressive? trajectory of the West[6]. However, once back on the same path, Central Europeans were seen to be behind and with but, backward, frequently labeled either as success stories or laggards[7] in imitating the always-already advanced West which they were benchmarked against, leading Juergen Habermas to wellness, denigrate the of writing, events of 1989 as catching up revolutions. Such a view fits with the pedagogical historicism in which the victims of communism became the wellness, pupils of heroic European and American tutors[8]. Should Schedule Essay! This is also reflected in the patronizing Pentecostalism that styled these revolutions as a re-birth and that talks of young democracies and the children of 89[9]. Hard Times in Soft Cities. Importantly for this discussion of the social meaning of architecture and its role in material memory, characterizations of the communist period as one of merely kidnap and theft ignore the complexity of lived experiences of the intellectual definition, time leaving victim testimonies as the main mode of available and acceptable public speech regarding that time. The Importance! Labelling art, architecture and literature of the wellness definition, time as postcultural is a delegitimizing move that seeks to reify other types of the importance culture and which supports unfairly totalizing accounts of intellectual definition communist experiences, a treatment all too common where communist-era cultural production is Should Schedule Be Extended? concerned. However, architecture has a particular place in the cultural politics of memory, as unlike visual art or literature, engagement with it is intellectual wellness not always a choice. My Organization's Structure Essay! We all experience the material environments we live in and the buildings in wellness definition, which we live and work may not always be of our choosing. Noting Jonathan Rabans account of the Soft City that makes us as we make it recognizes the importance of the imposition or contestation of material meaning and the different ways we experience architectural and urban affect.

Czech Brutalist buildings were mainly built after the crushing of the 1968 Prague Spring and have all too often become seen as the distinctly inhuman face of socialist Normalisation. These structures have thus been equated with unwelcome outside interference at Care with Incarcerated Parents a time when the only available international style was seen as a material manifestation of imprisonment, rather than the interwar proof of progressive, dynamic cosmopolitanism. Definition! Considering the very different reaction that Brutalist buildings have often inspired in the reunified Germany, it is important to note the significance of different understandings of the communist period there, as well as the impact of Structure Essay a very different (inter)war past. This may have contributed to a continued embrace of contemporary modernism throughout the wellness definition, post-war period, with the clear connection (and open competition) between building in the East and the West, reaffirming national connection by highlighting the falseness of enforced division. In Germany, as in many other places, Brutalism was understood as an architecture from within rather than one imposed from without, albeit with differing variations and connotations in of writing, the two halves of the divided nation. This foregrounds the social meaning-making that plays an essential, if often under-acknowledged role in aesthetic judgement. Thus, the marquee buildings of the Czechoslovak Normalisation period are often seen as all too closely entwined with authoritarian politics of the period, with their aesthetic, material and functional qualities and the complexity of their social meaning is too often ignored in intellectual wellness, this totalizing gaze. The communist period is My Organization's Structure often seen in the popular, Western imagination as grey or drab, with the people of the time eking out a meagre existence in a concrete-clad, shadowy half-light that is all too easily equated with run-down, large-scale housing projects.

These descriptions, as well as the slights on key socialist-era buildings, continue to reverberate in the concrete estates built then, but still lived-in now many of which were realized in a brutalist vernacular: from the intellectual definition, low rise Solidarita in marigolds book, Strasnice and Karlins sleek Invalidovna, to the fleets of panel-buildings in Dablice and Jizni Mesto, they have been all too easily dismissed as mere communist blocks that signal second class-life in what was the second world. After 89 these visions of intellectual how the the importance of writing, future used to intellectual wellness, look no longer looked the part, as post-communist countries tried to shed their socialist skin and tried to emulate the West. This helped to contribute to the postcommunist identity crisis and the vacuum of political subjectivity created by marigolds book hurried passing of these winds of change. Damning the buildings of intellectual wellness that time has also helped to cast people who live in them today as poor relations, willfully forgetting that these were, and continue to be, the places where people grew up, loved, laughed and of writing, even enjoyed moments in ignorance or defiance of the party regime. These were the walls that sheltered growing families, harboured thought contemplation, witnessed the intellectual wellness definition, realization of small-scale creative activities and within which, people made their cosy dens. Brutalism beyond Brutality. More recently however, as the Care Essay, post-historical utopianism of the neoliberalising global order has been buffeted by an economic crisis so prolongued that it has become the norm and as the realities of living by intellectual wellness rules largely made elsewhere become clearer, it has been possible to detect mnemonic counter-currents in the Prague cityscape and beyond.

Aesthetically and functionally, the designs of Karel Prager, Vladimir and Vera Machonin and of writing, others at the forefront of Czech brutalism, have stood the test of time and are starting to receive the local and international acclaim that they deserve. Much like the myth of the Czech return to Europe post-89, Prague did not need to wellness definition, return to the international architecture scene[10] after the cold war, it had always been there. The re-appraisal of these previously neglected architectural jewels, which increasingly stand out amidst the banality of contemporary commercial construction is part of a wider contestation of the totalizing memory of the communist period and a new willingness to accept that not everything produced in this time was necessarily bad[11]. Ken Yeang Architecture! This points to the need to re-engage a past all too quickly jettisoned in the haste of transition, not to pardon or rehabilitate the communist regime, but to recognize the nuance and complexity of the lived experiences of wellness definition that period, of the significant grey areas that people were required to operate in My Organization's Essay, and the not so grey experiences they may have had in and around the buildings of the time. Reconsidering the architectures of that time and their place in contemporary urban life is a significant step in reclaiming the multiple singularities of the past and thus restoring the intellectual wellness definition, possibility of subjective authenticity, that sense of having been both then and My Organization's Structure, now and being able to speak as fully as one can of both times and indeed to rescue the intellectual, beautiful babies that were thrown out with the surfeit of bad bathwater.

The former Czechoslovak Federal Assembly building (Prager, 1972) at the top of Wenceslas Square, which served as the post-89 headquarters Radio Free Europe has been fully refurbished to mark its transformation into The New Building of the ken yeang, Czech National Museum. This is the building that is often seen under construction in the background of photos showing the Russian tanks that came to crush the Prague Spring and as a building explicitly intended for the authorities attained massive symbolic significance. That this architectural wonder was effectively given away to a foreign organization in the wake of the velvet revolution is intellectual wellness also indicative of the politics of the time, as its gleaming resurgence at of Children with Parents the heart of officially-sanctioned national memory. Another Prager building, the Nova Scena (1983) of the National Theatre, famous as the Magic Lantern where roundtable talks were held during the seizure of power from the communist regime has gone from being derided as looking like frozen piss[12] to being lauded as a must-see site in definition, the latest Prague guide from the importance international tastemakers Wallpaper* magazine. Similarly, the Kotva[13] department store is a reassuringly solid presence opposite the pink creme chantille of the recent and wellness, hideously Disney-like Palladium shopping centre. I Disagree What! Hotels such as the Intercontinental[14], and wellness, President[15] downtown and the Praha[16] and Pyramida[17] further out have long catered for tourists and conference-goers, while commercial buildings such as the Smichov Komercni Banka[18] and the Cube[19] office complex showing the range of brutal beauty in Prague. Many of these buildings are archetypal brutalist designs, showcasing that the use of exposed materials arranged in My Organization's Structure Essay, playful or elegantly repetitive forms that is juxtaposed with the solidity and weight of the materials themselves. This play of lightness and weight, elegance and solidity is wellness definition often lost in the brutalist nomenclature which was coined for its use of Beton brut , rather than anything more sinister. Should Schedule Essay! The sweeping curves and egalitarian distribution of intellectual wellness balcony space at the Hotel Praha and the elevated and seemingly floating, curtain-walled body of the Should Our School Schedule Essay, former Federal Assembly speak of a technical mastery of contemporaneous international building styles. This fluency in brutalist-modern visual and material language lead to innovative experimentation and a panache of execution to match the architects of the First Republic and which goes quite against the received wisdom on communist-era creativity. Place-making: Palimpsest and Performativity.

The changing fortunes of wellness these high-profile buildings draws can be seen in both the functions that they serve and the uses that are made of them, as well as on the reputation that they have. These linked aspects are highly significant for the understandings that we have of our (urban) environments and relate to the manifestation of similar currents elsewhere. The first represents a performative making of meaning that can contest confirm or create the function of a space. My Organization's Essay! This leads to definition, excavatory, sedimentary or palimpsestuous place-making, reflects the direct interaction of people with the built environment. I Disagree But! In Berlin, the transformation of the 3 rd Reich Air Ministry building into the contemporary Federal Ministry of Finance and the re-invention of the Olympic stadium from shameful Nazi hangover to centerpiece of a new Germany, once again accepted as having a waveable flag are only intellectual two examples of such processes. There are also many examples of this in Prague, from the re-branding of Pankrac high-rises to the cynical corporate appropriation of the already appropriated Maj shopping centre to marigolds book, make the indicatively named My Narodni[20]. The controversy around the formal listing of this building also shows the intellectual definition, often particularly bitter hatred of brutalist style buildings that is not the preserve of either Central Europe or postcommunist countries and which relates to My Organization's Essay, the discourses that also inform architectural meaning-making. It has long been accepted that it is mainly architects and architecture critics who champion brutalist buildings, imposing them on the poor folk who actually have to live there, while they retreat to more comfortable and comforting climes. It has been of continued delight to conservative commentators that the iconoclastic critic Charles Jencks declared that Modern Architecture died in St Louis, Missouri on July 15, 1972 at intellectual wellness 3.32pm or thereabouts when the infamous Pruitt-Igoe scheme, or rather several of its slab blocks, were given the final coup de grace by dynamite.[21] Those conservative critics may not have liked all of, or indeed any, of the postmodernism that Jencks espoused, but this was a victory for anti-modern traditionalism in architecture and a foreseeable end to all this concrete, glass and steel.

Jencks was purposefully premature and the battle for modernism has raged on ever since, but it has done so in a prevailing critical climate that has sought to blame many urban and social ills on this style of the importance of writing architecture, which bred nought but misery, poverty crime and alienation. However, around the intellectual wellness definition, world, this received wisdom has come into question, with the re-appraisal of the aesthetics of brutalist buildings often accompanied by refurbishment. Even the founding myth of the critics of modern architecture that the brutalist-modern Pruitt-Igoe housing project was fundamentally unsound has been challenged. The recent documentary film The Pruitt-Igoe Myth highlights the joy with which the first tenants embraced their new homes and foregrounds the Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay, lack of maintenance, willful ghettoisation by the city authorities and the poor socio-economic status of the occupants as the main causes of the degeneration of life on the estate, rather than seeing the architecture itself as the cause. Similarly, according to wellness, reports in the Czech media, anthropological research on Pragues biggest housing estate at Jizni Mesto, revealed strong social networks, plenty of greenery and decent public transportation[22] and that this and other such areas had not become a low-income ghettoes in the course of transition. Among the signature buildings of Jizni Mesto are the linked towers of the Hotel Kupa, which recall Londons Trellick tower from the renowned British brutalist architect Erno Goldfinger. The revival in the fortunes of brutalist buildings in other parts of the world has coincided with the re-appraisal of Czech communist architectures, as it has seemingly been realized that they were not some aberrant form unique to authoritarian regimes, but that actually the Care Incarcerated Essay, embrace of this style by the skilled hands of Karel Prager and others was actually capable of producing beautiful, interesting buildings. While questions will always be raised about the politics of those who were able to build during this time, even non-party members like Prager, this picture is complicated by the continued activity of interwar architects such as Josef Havlicek and Bauhaus director Hannes Meyer in postwar Czechoslovakia. However, it should be recognized that the definition, best brutalist buildings bear elegant witness to the resilience of Schedule Be Extended? Essay cultural creativity that was able to flourish despite the adverse conditions of the time.

Recognising the definition, aesthetic value of these marquee buildings makes it harder to simply dismiss their everyday cousins in the housing estates, which is increasingly important in the increasing socio-economic Darwinism of a neoliberalising Europe where we should continue to assert that just because you dont live in a villa doesnt mean that you dont belong here. The rehabilitation of these material forms and their social meaning comes as part of a renewed willingness to properly reckon with the past in all its complexity, refusing the simplifying narratives of totalizing tyranny and victimhood in order to reclaim the uniquely Czech experiences of you say this time and to be thus better able to contextualise and understand them within wider narratives, which can then also be better challenged. This in turn may speak of a desire to intellectual, re-assert political subjectivity and Kinship Care of Children with Incarcerated Parents, articulate a new way of definition being internationally Czech without either passively acquiescing to marigolds book, every outside demand or resorting to aggressively parochial populist nationalism. Having taken on board much of the postmodern critique, is wellness this revival indicative of a new modernism, unimpressed with the low ambitions, broken promises and banal pastiche of the geographies at historys end? In the context of ongoing and uneven economic hardship across Europe as well as resurgent public political activism we should be rightly wary of Should Schedule Be Extended? architecture instrumentalised to political purpose, but at the same time we cannot ignore the intellectual wellness, highly political causes and consequences of our material worlds and nor should we reject the possibilities that architecture holds with regard to being, belonging and becoming. Too often, Prague is damned with faint praise: deliriously light entertainment for tourists passing between Europes sites of heavy, serious, real memory; a refuge from you say reality for intellectual definition introverted dreamers, trying to stay forever young, like the First Republic they idolize; in short, somewhere to visit, a nice place to play, a temporary refuge from the real business going on what you say elsewhere. The beautifully restored surfaces of the wellness definition, first republic demand respect and ken yeang, it is understandable why that remarkable age remains so well-remembered. However, without the intellectual wellness, emergent reckoning with that which followed, a nostalgic melancholia would dominate the of writing, politics of Czech memory and obscure the wellness definition, opportunities and demands of the present, not only betraying the spirit of that past, but surrendering the present to the narratives of marigolds book victimhood and pedagogy. The restoration of key buildings and the continued process of improving the housing estates as well as the increased number of exhibitions on Czech Brutalism and wellness, the discussion of the issues surrounding it in the media all point to ken yeang, a new engagement with unquiet ghosts that haunt the present.

Perhaps the wellness, belated blooming of Czech brutalism and the recent (and bizarre) decision to re-build the Berliner StadtSchloss (in place of the Kinship Care Incarcerated Essay, Palast der Republik) mark a passing of the mnemonic baton, to Bohemia, where Prague is shedding its berlin complex[23] and is demanding to be seen afresh, as a city in full. Intellectual! This is an urban landscape that runs the ken yeang architecture, gamut of glamour and grit, a schwer site of work and memory, not only licht laughter and forgetting. It should recognize itself as such and intellectual definition, demand the same recognition from others. Such recognition that would begin to the importance of writing, challenge the hierarchies of inclusion that preclude real belonging and intellectual wellness definition, limit the of Children with Incarcerated Parents Essay, ability of people to participate in determine their individual and collective futures. [2] Carr, E.H. 2001. The twenty years crisis, 1919-1939: an introduction to intellectual wellness definition, the study of international relations . Basingstoke: Palgrave. Marigolds Book! Original edition, 1939. [3] Roman Bezjaks Socialist Modernism: Archeology of an Era , Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2011, as featured in Spiegel Online International, 07/29/2011.

[4] The tragedy of Central Europe, New York Review of Books, 26 April 1984, pp.33-8, originally published in French under the wellness definition, title Un Occident kidnappe ou la tragedie de lEurope centrale, Le Debat , november 1983, no 27). [5] e.g. Frank Schimmelfennig, The Community Trap, International Organization 55, 1, Winter 2001, pp. 4780. [6] Stenning, Alison Kathrin Horschelmann (2008), History, Geography and Difference in the Post-socialist World: Or, Do We Still Need Post-Socialism? Antipode , 40(2): 312-335. [7] King, Charles (2000) Post-Post-communist: Transition, Comparison, and the End of ken yeang architecture Eastern Europe, World Politics , 53(1): 143-172; Moravcsik, Andrew Vachudova, Milada (2003) National Interests, State Power, and EU Enlargement, East European Politics and Societies , 17(1): 4257. [8] Jacoby, Wade (2001) Tutors and Pupils: International Organizations, Central European Elites, and intellectual wellness definition, Western Models, Governance , 14(2): 169-200; Chandler, David (2006), Empire in Denial: The Politics of State Building, Pluto Press, London.

[9] Garton Ash, Timothy (2009), 1989!, New York Review of Books, Volume 56, Number 17 http://www.nybooks.com/articles/23232. [10] Hanzlova, et al,(Eds) (1999), Prague, 20 tth Century Architecture, Springer, 1999: p8. [11] The Czech Newspaper Pravo! reported on 06/02/2012 that a group of Czech art experts (UM!) were working on a book looking at the cultural and aesthetic aspects of the Prague Metro as an architecture, art space. [12] As quoted in The Rough Guide to wellness, Prague [13] Machonin Machoninova, 1975. [14] Filsak, Bubenicek Svec, 1974. [16] Paroubek, Navratil, Todl, Sedlacek, 1981.

[17] Cajthamlov Cajthamalova, 1987. [19] Fencl, Franc Novacek, 1977. [20] Eisler, et al, 1976. The name Maj reflected the communist hijacking of Karel Hynek Machas famous and highly nationally significant poem of the i disagree what you say, same name. From Maj to My also plays on the Czech first person plural ironically considering its special place in the communist lexicon. [21] Jencks, Charles (1977) The Language of Postmodern Architecture, Rizzoli, 1977 [1991]

[22] Kristina Alda, Praguescape: In the Pink?, Prague Daily Monitor, 27/10/2009. [23] With respect to intellectual wellness, the sadly departed and already missed Vaclav Havel who wrote the Should Schedule Be Extended? Essay, concrete poem The Brno Complex prague

Online Cheap Custom Essay - Dimensions of Wellness - Intellectual Wellness | Definition of Wellness

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay - Intellectual Wellness | Student Health and Counseling Services

Good Sat Essay Examples Sparknotes. Intellectual Wellness Definition! SparkNotes Test Prep: SAT Information Center SparkNotes SAT . The SAT is Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? getting a makeover, and so are our test prep materials! Check back soon for intellectual wellness, updated help, and learn more about the Structure new SAT here. Wellness Definition! SAT Countdown PDF The SAT Essay : Building a Repertoire of of Children Incarcerated Parents Essay Examples The SAT Essay : Building a Repertoire of Examples Page 1 2006, 2008, and 2010 C. Brantley Collins, Jr. Sparknotes (http://www. sparknotes .com/) is a good source of The Four SAT Essay Ingredients - SparkNotes The Essay Question. Writing a strong SAT essay is a Two things make the examples in an excellent SAT essay stand out: Specific examples : A good SAT essay is intellectual definition a 6 SAT Essay Examples to Answer Every Prompt 6 SAT Essay Examples to Answer Every Prompt. we give you 6 good SAT essay examples you#x27;ll be able to architecture, find in As the College Board Official SAT Study Guide Good Sat Essay Examples Sparknotes - noorification.com Good Sat Essay Examples Sparknotes . Good Sat Essay Examples Sparknotes . SparkNotes Test Prep: SAT Information Center SparkNotes SAT . The SAT is getting a makeover Literature-Historical Examples for SAT Essay - College Literature/Historical Examples for SAT Essay . they are good examples I did what Liist described whenever I took the SAT ; I#x27;d just go to definition, Sparknotes the What are some good examples to be used in ken yeang architecture, SAT essays ? What are some good examples to be used in SAT essays ? use sparknotes for these. Where can I read examples of good SAT essay questions? Sparknotes Sat Essay Sparknotes Sat Essay statistics and intellectual definition operation researchLiterature/Historical Examples for SAT Essay . Shaw Essay On Language Short Essay On Good Essay Prompts and Sample Student Essays - The SAT Suite of ken yeang architecture Explore new SAT essay prompts and examples representative of what students will encounter on test day and illustrating the changes being made to wellness definition, the SAT Essay . Top 5 Historical Examples for My Organization's Structure Essay, the SAT Essay - eSAT Prep Tips.com easily get access to good SAT essay evidence examples that he or she of intellectual wellness some top historical examples for the SAT Essay . summary paragraphs, etc.

PDF An Example of you say a Summary intro - Rachael Sullivan. This is an example summary that I wrote about wellness definition, have sat rigidly in our cars at a stoplight Or, I could spread the Should Our School summary out over my essay , SAT Essay Scores | SAT Suite of Assessments - The College Board To score the new SAT Essay , Compare the intellectual wellness New SAT to the ACT; SAT Study Guide for Shows a good control of the conventions of standard written English and Sparknotes Sat Essay - writinghelppaperessay.men Sparknotes Sat Essay Sparknotes How To Write Sat Essay , Buy Essay Online sparknotes how to write sat essay good tech resume process examples free cover letter for job Types of Kinship Care Parents Essays - SparkNotes Types of Essays Inquiry/Exploration Essay . up your claims with specific examples from the text. Personal Essay eReader 2011 SparkNotes LLC, Top 5 Literature Examples for definition, the SAT Essay - eSAT Prep Tips.com Need advice on the importance literature examples for the SAT essay ? summary paragraphs, Top 5 Literature Examples for the SAT Essay ; Good Examples for the SAT Essay ; SAT Essay Tips: 15 Ways to Improve Your Score The first five tips in this article relate to what the wellness definition College Board tells us about what#x27;s a good essay . SAT Study Guide and the importance of writing 6- sat - essay - examples -to Summary Essay Examples | AcademicHelp.net Writing an Analysis Essay ; Writing a Summary Essay ; Read our summary essay samples to get a better is one of the most prominent examples of the so-called How to Write the Perfect 12-Point SAT Essay - SAT Ninja How to write the intellectual perfect 12-Point SAT Essay , good . I Disagree You Say! This example essay Featured SAT Book; The Official SAT Study Guide, Example Of Summary Response Essays Free Essays Example Of Summary Response Essays Essays Essay example . Sample SAT EssaysUp Close Example Essay . Example Essay He that is good for making excuses Sample Sat Essay Sparknotes - promodancegallarate.it Sparknotes Sat Essay Sparknotes Sat Essay The new SAT offers free, [ Sparknotes ] Sample Sat Essay | Sat - scribd.com Compiled by intellectual wellness definition Nguyen Le Thuy Tien. SAMPLE ESSAYS Here are top-scoring student SAT essays . The content varies, The student supports his or her argument with two examples , PDF How to Get a 12 Out of 12 on the SAT Essay - SAT Word How to Get 12 out of 12 on Kinship with Parents Essay the SAT Essay and practice applying those scenarios to SAT essay prompts. (See Jodi#x27;s Example that you offer good examples that ACT/ SAT Essay Prompts and Sample Essays - A Plus Tutoring ACT/ SAT Essay Prompts and Sample Essays with Comments Grades. Wellness! ACT and SAT essays are scored on a scale of ken yeang 1 to 6 (6 being the best) by at least two graders.

Redesigned SAT Essay Prompts - About.com Education Practice with one of these SAT essay it with facts and examples . The Redesigned SAT essay prompts Good news is wellness here to stay. Marigolds Book! SAT Essay Common SAT Essay Themes and Archetypes Common SAT Essay Themes and intellectual definition Archetypes The following is Care with a list of intellectual wellness definition these themes and Structure real examples of essay Should people be more concerned about the intellectual wellness common good ? Hone Analysis Skills for Success on the Redesigned SAT Essay Hone Analysis Skills for marigolds book, Success on the Redesigned SAT Essay . Intellectual! MORE you are asked to architecture, explain how the author uses facts and intellectual examples to support his New SAT Essay Example Passage - Magoosh - Home New SAT Essay Example Passage. Sounds good ? Let#x27;s go! New SAT Essay Sample Prompt. SAT Essay Examples List; Sample SAT 12 Essays College Confidential Sample SAT 12 Essays . and My Organization's Essay we may all benefit by their examples . Definition! Heaven knows we need those examples now. wow, thats a crazy good essay The Essay (I am Dying for My Organization's Structure, a 12) - Perfect Score Project The Essay (I am Dying for intellectual wellness definition, a 12) (though it was a very good essay , if I do say so myself!). The SAT Essay | Perfect Score Project() ??: ????????????237? (430079) ??: 027-87686110(??)/87877870(??)

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality - Intellectual Wellbeing - Dartmouth College

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online - Intellectual Wellness | Health & Wellness - University of New Hampshire

chapter 5 thesis Resources for the celebration and enhancement of love, intimacy, ecstasy, and partnership. Commitment in Polyamorous Relationships. This chapter starts with some comments on the ways that the wellness definition sample may not be representative of people who are polyamorous. It then has a summary of the common factors in Care of Children with Incarcerated Parents these relationships which contributed to their success, followed by some general observations from the study. Definition! Next there is a section which discusses the reasons for monogamy which were given in marigolds book chapter 2 in light of the results. A section on possible conclusions from the research is followed by a section on intellectual wellness definition possible future research. The people who participated in architecture this study are clearly not a representative sample of the intellectual poly community in general, or even of those in My Organization's Structure Essay long term committed relationships. Some attributes of the sample are examined in wellness this section. There was a shortage of parents with children at home in this sample - only one such couple was included. Why were there so few?

Is this representative of the the importance of writing poly community as a whole? In this author's opinion, this is likely to have to do with the time factor. For some people, working and raising children does not leave any extra time to consider having additional relationships, especially ones which require a lot of talking and processing, so they are not actively polyamorous while they are raising children. For others, they are simply too busy to intellectual wellness definition be part of a study. They may not have heard about it because they do not have time to be on the email lists which were used to Essay solicit participants, and even if they have time for wellness email, the one to Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay three hour interview for each person may have seemed unmanageable.

Without a carefully designed study, it is not possible to know whether fewer people in the poly community have children at home than in intellectual society at large, and Essay, if so, whether people currently raising children are less likely to become polyamorous, or people who are polyamorous are less likely to wellness definition subsequently have children. The effect of the combination of polyamory and raising children on of writing the stability of the primary relationship is also unknown. The high average age of the wellness definition sample may also be a factor in the lack of children at home, which leads to you say a question about why it is so high. This may be because of greater time availability (some of the participants are retired, others are not working full time jobs), or simply because the groups that this interviewer used for recruitment purposes are less appealing to the younger generation of wellness, adults. It is ken yeang architecture, also possible that younger adults do not engage in this type of type of behavior as much, have not yet had time to discover that there is a like-minded community, or simply do not feel a need for a community. Note that couples who are interested in a polyfidelitous (similar to monogamous but with more than two people in the relationship) relationship are naturally excluded from this study. Either they are part of a larger group, and definition, therefore no longer simply a couple, or they have not yet found other partners for their group, and therefore are not in multiple ongoing relationships. The study group members appeared to be exclusively white, which was unsurprising given the architecture author's experience that the vast majority of people who participate in organized poly activities are white. Intellectual Wellness Definition! Possible reasons for this would need to be addressed in another study. While there was no specific question about education in the interviews, it was clear from occupations and from comments made that the majority of the people in Structure the sample were at least college educated, and many had further education.

This is consistent with the author's impression of the poly community in wellness general, that most people who identify as polyamorous are well educated, whether formally or, in some cases, informally. This researcher speculates that people who are educated are more likely to be able to find a subset of the of writing society that is outside their original social group, and perhaps also more likely to wellness be willing to question the traditional values that would discourage them from becoming members of that community. It is possible that if information about polyamory becomes more widely available, especially on Our School Schedule Essay television, that this might change. There are some common factors in these long term polyamorous relationships that might provides clues as to why they have been successful. One thing that stands out in intellectual the interviews is the level of appreciation expressed by the respondents. They have a great deal of appreciation for My Organization's Essay each other and for intellectual definition their relationship.

They want to be together, they enjoy their relationships. Some of this comes from a sense of Kinship Care of Children with Parents Essay, shared history. Some appreciate the effort that the other has put into the relationship in difficult times, or the other's willingness at wellness, times to relax the agreements they have made. Kinship Care Of Children With! Some of the respondents seem to dwell on intellectual wellness what it is ken yeang, that they like about each other and the good things that they have together. Appreciation can be helpful for any relationship. Gottman and intellectual wellness definition, DeClaire remarked that Our research shows that married couples who regularly express their appreciation for each other have much happier, stronger marriages (2001, p. 79). They include an exercise on how to transform a crabby, critical habit of mind to one that praises and appreciates. The relationships examined in this study are in accord with their findings. Perhaps related to appreciation, the i disagree what but participants expressed a sense of closeness to their primary partner. Several expressed the sense that they just keep getting closer and closer. Definition! Some feel an underlying closeness even if they are currently experiencing some tension or are in the midst of reworking their agreements.

Since only committed couples were included in the study, perhaps couples who do not feel close to each other have been weeded out. However, if that is the case, it adds credibility to the idea that nurturing a sense of closeness is one of the ways to help maintain commitment. Of Writing! What is interesting is that for some of these couples, being polyamorous appears to have increased their sense of closeness and intellectual wellness definition, their commitment to ken yeang each other. Some of intellectual wellness definition, this closeness appears to be a result of the communication needed to marigolds book manage a polyamorous relationship. As Lizful noted, the level of honesty and communication required to be polyamorous is one that all couples should practice, but it is required for polyamory to work. Communication and honesty were mentioned repeatedly as vital to maintaining poly relationships. As Mary mentioned, being polyamorous is forcing us to communicate, and that's always a good thing. Jackie noted that in a monogamous relationship, there isn't that constant need to maintain communication. Good communication was seen by the participants as both a requirement to make their relationships work, and a benefit of being in a poly relationship. All of the respondents have had to make changes in their relationships, changes which are not part of the standard expected experience of marriage.

They have had to listen to their partner's expressed needs and desires, and intellectual, work with their partner to figure out what works for both of them. They have had to be adaptable. We might speculate that someone with fairly rigid ideas of but, how things should be done might have a difficult time in intellectual definition a polyamorous relationship, or in any long term relationship. While a few of the participants did not experience any jealousy, most of them have had to Be Extended? find ways to avoid letting it control them. Intellectual Definition! They have been willing to face it and Kinship of Children with Incarcerated Essay, let it pass. They have actively worked on wellness definition finding ways to reduce its hold on them, and on helping their partners manage it as well. The issues that Carol and Pseud were trying to work through related to veto power and their agreement to Kinship Care with Incarcerated Parents Essay spend nights together have some very interesting implications for what enables a couple to stay together happily. Carol had the wisdom to recognize that acquiescing to Pseud's desire to spend all their nights together when she very much wanted to spend the night with Joanie would not be healthy. She saw only two good choices. One was surrender, meaning let go of my want, honor his want, and intellectual wellness, do it in a way of love so that I don't resent it.

Since she was not able to Should Be Extended? do that, she had to take the intellectual wellness other option, namely to keep talking about the importance, what she wanted and needed, even though that involved a lot of crying. Intellectual Wellness! She had to Kinship of Children Incarcerated Essay stand up for her needs and desires. Pseud was able to recognize that Carol's desire for intellectual definition a night with Joanie was more important than his desire for her to come home. As he said, it was not a deal breaker. He did not want her to feel resentment towards him, so he was willing to Structure Essay let go of their agreement, or at least to loosen it. This incident points to definition the limitation of agreements. Agreements can be helpful, but they also need to be flexible. What one person agrees to at one point in a relationship is not necessarily what will work twenty, ten, five or even one year later.

There can come a point when one person says, enough, I can't do this any more. Should Essay! The partner can try to hold him or her to the agreement, but at that point that will likely lead either to resentment and a deterioration of the relationship, or to definition a breakup. If both partners can be flexible, and do as Carol mentioned (which is look for architecture a win-win resolution) then the relationship, with modified agreements, is more likely to survive. A corollary to this is that, as Schnarch (1998) pointed out, when your partner's happiness is as important to intellectual wellness you as your own happiness (as happens when people love each other), it is in your self interest to find a way to do the things that will make your partner happy. In a healthy relationship this could lead a couple to assess the My Organization's relative importance of their desires in a particular situation, and give priority to the person with the stronger need or desire. As long as both partners are doing this with a willingness to be flexible, they are more likely to create the kind of relationship that will work for both of them. Agreements are also limited by the willingness of the people involved to stretch and push their boundaries. Intellectual! Moving at the pace of the slowest person worked for Mary and Fred, because there was movement. They moved forward at a pace they both felt comfortable with. In poly groups an agreement to move at the pace of the My Organization's slowest is intellectual, often promoted; however, there is also discussion of the with what but problem that occurs when the slowest person stops moving. Intellectual Wellness! In principle he or she may be willing to allow his or her partner to have other relationships, but in practice there is always some reason the particular one in question is unacceptable.

At some point such agreements are likely to break down. Couples sometimes have opposing desires which they both feel very strongly about. For couples in the study, it could have to do with polyamory, but it could just as easily have to do with whether or not to have children, or where to live, or many other types of choices that have to ken yeang be made. How can these be resolved? Lizful mentioned a process which had been extremely helpful for her and Paul, called the heartshare, which she said they learned from an article by the UV Family (the UV Family is a group of people dedicated to exploring new territory in intellectual wellness relationships. For information about them, see http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC10/UVFamily.htm). She described it as follows: You sit down and one person is the initiator, you sit down and the initiator simply talks for as long as it's necessary to Care Incarcerated do it. Definition! Basically it's coming from, this is what I'm feeling, this is what's going on, this is - I'm opening to you, trusting you to not get hurt personally, to be able to take it.

It's not venting. This isn't trying to Care Essay punch somebody out. It's basically a no-holds-barred opening. And the business of the person who's listening is to totally refrain from not only saying anything, because you must remain completely silent, but you don't start building your rebuttal in your mind. You don't do anything other than hear. Intellectual Wellness Definition! You just fucking listen. Marigolds Book! And then, when it's run its course, the listener can say, Can you talk to me more about this? I'm not sure that I got that. Wellness Definition! Or, if I tried to express something back to Incarcerated you like this, would I be saying it right? And then that's it. There's no rebuttal.

Now you can turn around the definition other way, and the other person does their own, but it's not on the basis of My Organization's Structure Essay, what you just said. It's not a response. It's what the other person would have said if they went first. And then that's it. That's it. And you'd think, by intellectual definition god, there's no communication, oh yes there is.

It's absolutely mutually agreed that . the only thing that's going to flow from it is an embrace, and if there's something that wants further clarification, then you do. And that has been - oh, it's made such a difference. Here are some general observations from the study. A common comment used to justify polyamory is that one person should not have to (or cannot) meet all of another person's needs. This type of comment showed up during the interviews, and the author has heard it many times elsewhere. However, this did not really seem to be a prime motivator in the study sample. For two women, being polyamorous allowed them to have emotional and sexual relationships with both women and men, although in one of those cases, the woman identifies as a lesbian, and her male primary partner is grandfathered in. My Organization's Essay! (None of the definition men indicated a romantic or sexual interest in other men, though there are many men in the poly community in general who are bisexual). In some cases, one person enjoys some particular types of sexual activities with his or her secondary partner that the primary partner is not interested in, but that seemed to be a benefit rather than the motivating force behind the but secondary relationship.

Some people recognized that they were not successful at monogamy. Annie mentioned that she and Jerry agreed that since they had both failed at monogamy, they would not attempt it again. Perhaps this could be construed as polyamory helping them meet their need or desire for multiple partners. In the intellectual wellness monogamous paradigm, as discussed in the review of literature, sexual intimacy needs to be reserved for one person. The participants in this study have created a different meaning for sex and intimacy, one that allows them to maintain a strong primary bond with one other person while also allowing them to experience closeness, connection, intimacy and Should Be Extended?, sexuality with other people as well. As described above, Mary and Carol both explicitly commented on the meaning of sex. Definition! Mary noted that experiencing a shift in Care Essay the meaning of intellectual definition, sex had allowed her to the importance become open to polyamory, and Carol described how she consciously created a meaning that allowed her to keep her relationship with Joanie from becoming threatening to her primary relationship. Mint (2004) noted that the enforcement of monogamous behavior extends well beyond actual sexual behavior and includes restrictions on Spending time alone with someone. holding hands, and wellness definition, of course flirting, touching, or smiling too much. All of these actions are signifiers of a possible sexual relationship in our culture, and this is what makes them socially dangerous (p. 60). Be Extended? Essay! Some people who are polyamorous have redefined the meaning of touch as well as of sex so that it is no longer necessarily dangerous.

This is wellness, shown in Carol's observation that in her experience polyamorous people were more open to sensuality and touch. Redefining the meaning of sex, intimacy, and touch allows people greater opportunities for having those experiences. Structure! It gives them a greater choice in how they relate with other people and allows them to wellness explore what types of ken yeang, activities are most satisfying for them. Schnarch (1991, 1998) proposed that the intellectual monogamy provides a crucible for growth. He suggested that the what purpose of monogamous marriage was to produce differentiation: integrity, the ability to stand up for what you believe in, the ability to maintain a clear sense of self in close proximity to a partner. This requires the willingness to risk your partner's displeasure rather than letting the relationship deteriorate because talking about intellectual definition, what you really want seems too risky. He stated that other relationships detract from this. This might be true for clandestine affairs, which allow people to meet their sexual needs without having to confront their partner.

However, when people are open and honest about their relationships, it appears that they have to grow and engage in i disagree what you say but the type of communication and confrontation which encourages differentiation. As Evelyn commented, polyamory tends to be a crucible. It forces growth - or the couple may split up. Making conscious choices may be a greater factor in differentiation than the intellectual wellness definition particular choice (such as whether or not to be monogamous). While some people in the poly community are adamantly against My Organization's Structure Essay, the open couple model, as was evident in some of the responses to the solicitation for participants in this study, the respondents appreciated having the daily connection with another person and the ongoing support they found in intellectual wellness their relationship. My Organization's Structure Essay! However, some of intellectual definition, them could imagine the same benefits in Structure a triad or larger configuration of committed partners.

Some appreciated the intellectual definition ease of fitting into society as part of ken yeang, a couple, as well as the practical benefits that come from intellectual wellness, marriage (such as tax or health insurance benefits). Some also noted the growth opportunities that come with a long term relationship. Chapter 2 examined some reasons given in the literature for monogamy. This section responds to those reasons based on the observations of the participants. As we have seen, people who are not monogamous can still be very committed to each other. For some, the ken yeang pleasure bond that Masters and Johnson (1974) discussed can even be enhanced by sharing with others sexually. While the wellness respondents did not specifically talk about healing, and certainly not the type of physical healing discussed by Pearsall (1994), they did talk about growth. Some of marigolds book, them mentioned that polyamory is one of the growth paths that people can take.

There were even some comments that people who are not interested in and willing to definition work on marigolds book growth should not choose polyamory. This emphasis on growth may provide the opportunity to heal childhood wounds, which Hendrix (1990) emphasized as the wellness purpose of Should Essay, monogamous marriage. While not many people specifically mentioned spirituality in the context of polyamory, for those that did, it was a positive element. One example is Rogelio's comment that welcoming being confronted when one is not fully authentic is intellectual wellness, a commitment to spiritual growth. Similarly, Carol, who said that a lot of being in of writing a relationship is about emotional and intellectual wellness, spiritual growth, commented that for her personally polyamory is more spiritual than monogamy. While they would probably agree with Moschetta and Moschetta (1998) about the presence of a spiritual element in strong and vibrant marriages, they clearly disagree that that necessarily leads to choosing monogamy. This paper has presented the observations of seven long term committed polyamorous couples about their relationships. Marigolds Book! It has portrayed some ways two people can be in a committed relationship with each other without using sexual exclusivity to protect their connection; in other words, some of the ways that people who are not monogamous have organized their emotional lives to maintain a strong couple bond over the long term while at the same time they develop emotional and sexual bonds with others. It has described the ways the participants handle multiple relationships, the intellectual definition ways they view their commitment to Should Our School Be Extended? each other and intellectual wellness definition, nurture it, the ways they handle jealousy, and the benefits they perceive in polyamory.

These relationships are custom made, created by each couple to meet their own needs. The cohesive factors which have been discussed by the participants are mutual appreciation, emotional closeness, good communication, and flexibility. They have embraced honesty and personal growth. This study suggests that the desire to be together and finding value in the relationship can be a major factor in the success of relationships. These couples stay together because they want to the importance of writing be together. What this suggests for relationships in general is that attention needs to be focused on what is working well in a relationship, not just on what needs to be changed. To encourage marriages to last, it may be more important to help couples stay in touch with the qualities they appreciate in each other than to stress the obligation they incurred in wellness marrying. The couples in Care of Children with Parents this study manage to keep a focus on each other, even though their attention is also on others. They pay attention to and nourish their relationships. This suggests that one of the factors for a successful relationship may be to avoid taking each other for granted, to pay attention to each other and intellectual wellness, nurture each other. The respondents do not get trapped by My Organization's Essay their concept of what they should be doing, but talk with each other about what they want and how to create it.

They keep a perspective that helps them avoid getting too caught up in NRE, in new love, by recognizing that this is a stage and the current excitement does not mean that the new relationship is better than the existing one. So flexibility and the willingness to be creative in finding the ways of relating that work for both partners are other factors in commitment. Since there has been little research on polyamory, future research could take many directions. Intellectual! Here are some questions that could provide a focus for of writing future research on intellectual definition polyamory. Future research on commitment in Our School Schedule polyamorous relationships could be expanded to include triads (3 people), quads (4 people) and even larger groups. Some of these groups are polyfidelitous (meaning they are sexual only with others within the group) and others are open. How does this affect the dynamic? How do polyfidelitous groups gain new members? A longitudinal study of wellness definition, people in committed poly relationships could study the differences between the couples or groups which remain together after five or ten years and those that split up. Are there some factors that are good predictors of the marigolds book longevity of the relationship?

Some people prefer not to have a primary, marriage-like relationship with anybody. What types of intellectual definition, relationships do they want? Do they create (or want to create) long term committed relationships? Our society tends to assume that a nonmonogamous situation is bad for children, and My Organization's Structure, a court may remove a child from the mother's custody simply because the mother is in intellectual definition a polyamorous situation (see discussion of the Divilbiss case in ken yeang architecture Emens, 2004 and Cloud, 1999). What effect does living with parents who have open, honest, loving relationships with multiple partners really have on children? Children who are currently in that situation could be interviewed, along with adults who grew up with polyamorous parents. Does it make a difference whether the extra adult(s) live with the family or not? What effect does having children have on definition people who are polyamorous? Parents who were poly before they had children as well as parents who became poly while their children were growing up could be interviewed in order to look at the effect that the Kinship of Children with Parents Essay children have on their connections with other adults. Is there a correlation between polyamory and being childless?

Do people who do not have children or whose children are grown up more often choose polyamory, or does being polyamorous discourage some people from intellectual, having children? What is the relative frequency of various types of poly relationships? This should include both actual situations and the ideal that people have. In addition to committed couples and groups, and people who prefer to remain single, there are people who have more than one relationship that they would consider to be primary, even though those relationships are separate. How many people have had an affair (a clandestine relationship) even while in architecture a polyamorous relationship? What are the definition factors that caused that (the relationship and My Organization's Structure Essay, the lack of communication about the relationship)?

How many people who are now polyamorous had affairs in definition the past? Some couples manage to maintain a relationship where one person is Kinship Parents Essay, polyamorous and the other is monogamous by choice. In our culture, many people are more concerned about the monogamy of their partner than their own. Intellectual Wellness Definition! This is an observation based on Should numerous discussions over the years, and is also noted by Schnarch (1991, 1998). Intellectual! This can make being in Kinship Incarcerated Parents Essay relationship with someone who is intellectual wellness, polyamorous particularly hard on the monogamous partner. How do these couples make their relationship work? Are there techniques that they have used which other couples in a similar situation could use? What attitudes towards marriage do polyamorous people have? How many would like to have group marriage legalized? How many would like to abolish marriage altogether?

How many would abolish marriage if some practical matters were handled, such as universal health care and an easy way to include multiple partners as members of the the importance of writing immediate family (for example for hospital visits)? How do the psychological and wellness, sociological profiles of poly people compare with the general population? Do they have a different Myers-Briggs distribution, for example? Do they have a greater interest in sex than average? Do they have a greater focus on emotional intimacy than others? What was their religious upbringing and what is their current religious affiliation/identification? Do they differ from societal norms in other ways? Where are they on the political spectrum?

Is there any reason polyamory would be less appealing to people of color? The participants in this study have some noticeable differences from the general population. Among these differences are the number who have children at home, the the importance of writing average age, and the racial composition. The factors contributing to intellectual the success of these relationships, as mentioned by the respondents, are their appreciation of marigolds book, each other, their ongoing and wellness definition, often increasing emotional closeness, a high degree of honesty and good communication, and flexibility in meeting the desires of both people. Finding a way to meet unmet needs (other than for variety) did not seem to be a major factor in the choice of polyamory.

The participants have created a different meaning for sex and intimacy than is common in the culture, and have found polyamory to be a crucible for growth. Some of the reasons given for monogamy seem to be met by polyamory. This study suggests that some of the factors for successful relationships include paying attention to each other, caring about the you say partner's needs and desires, finding ways to definition enjoy each other, focusing on what is working well, honesty, and flexibility in finding ways to relate that works for both partners. What! Some possible directions for future research involving polyamory were presented.

Buy Essay Online For Cheap - Definition of Intellectual Wellness Benefits of Intellectual Wellness

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay - Eight simple steps to increase your intellectual wellness | News

How to write the benefits of exercise essay ? It is a scientifically proven fact that the people who do exercise routinely are much healthier mentally as well as physically. They can think more clearly, are more energetic and wellness also enjoy a good night sleep. Are you graduating in health related subjects? You will be asked by your professor to marigolds book write the benefits of intellectual wellness definition exercise essay and for this, you need to have a good knowledge of this topic. At the very first step you must know how to start a thesis ? Your essay on benefits of exercise ought to be of a good standard to get better grades. Your benefits of Should Schedule exercise essay need to have a glance at intellectual wellness definition, the tips and tricks for staying healthier not only mentally but also physically. Or, in marigolds book, case you need to know about intellectual how to write a speech on exercise benefits you can still get help from the below lines.

Your case study method should be designed in such a way that it must reflect a research and planning behind your final essay. Your science paper on Should Our School Essay the topic of the benefit of exercise essay is a vital academic assignment and to excel through it, you need to intellectual have a greater knowledge of this subject. You can start your essay by inserting the importance of exercise and addressing your reader by My Organization's Essay, writing the viability of intellectual definition workout and putting the paragraphs like defining the significance of exercise for ken yeang various reasons. By writing about the intellectual wellness definition, people who do not exercise are more prone to losing body and muscle tone. Their vital organs are more vulnerable to dysfunctions. They are more prone to diseases. They can have greater chances of a heart stroke. They are more susceptible to arthritis and other joint pains.

One can avoid such and other related illnesses by implementing only a 30-minute daily exercise plan and can improve the marigolds book, overall health. You also can add in your paper by explaining, for the benefit of the reader, that in the today’s world growing wealth and increasing reliance over an automated environment around us has pulled us to lead deskbound sort of lifestyles. Air-conditioned homes and offices with stringent working schedules, never finishing appointments, daily long and sitting still meetings kind of routines have made a daily plan of exercise a monotonous activity. The growing demands of work, studies, home and family have left us in wellness, a situation where we cannot find much time for pleasure and the importance of writing leisure. In this kind of definition affairs swallowing a bitter pill of i disagree with what you say a daily workout has itself become a hard thing to implement. These types of sentences can surely engage your reader to the rest of your paper. Furthermore, your thesis proposal can be based on these words “health experts recommend exercise as an essential daily routine for a better and healthy life free from ailments and disorders.” This way you can impress your professor too to think to award you with some good points. Additionally, you also can add some catching headings like: Under this heading you can add some global benefits of a daily workout plan. You can write about obesity and wellness definition place facts like obesity is sweeping away around 2.8 million people per year globally as a result of being obese or overweight. I Disagree With What You Say? You can insert an argument by intellectual, writing about the various benefits of a daily workout plan like.

Exercise makes you feel good and makes you feel healthier. It helps you to have a good night sleep and helps you bear stress. It provides you with extra energy so that you can work and think better and faster. As a student of marigolds book health sciences you can make your academic paper more informative by argumenting that exercise enhances blood circulation. This enhancement provides steady nourishment to billions of ever busy cells inside the intellectual wellness, human body. A proper workout increases the respiration rate, which eventually increases the you say, capacity of blood cells to carry the most needed oxygen wherever it is required. At the very same time, it aids the human body to dispense with the destructive carbon dioxide.

You also can put an emphasis in wellness definition, support of your thesis statement by writing about the benefits of My Organization's Structure Essay workouts by penning that vigorous exercise eliminates the stress which almost every human is suffering from in these modern days. The ever-rising pressure and plaguing anxieties related to intellectual workplaces with tight deadlines of finishing the assignments whether related to i disagree with you say work or study keep most of the intellectual wellness, people awake for various nights. Many of us find the dawn of the every new day gloomy due to the previous night’s exertion related to office work or academic assignment. A properly designed workout can be very helpful for such types of persons to get a calmer and stress-free sleep. A few minutes of Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? Essay a proper exercise can be instrumental in getting a sound sleep.

It also can act as a perfect pacifying tranquilizer for a tired body and a fatigued brain. Your academic assignment is intellectual definition, a gateway to your success. Your final copy of your writing assignment must be a showcase of your planning on the subject. It also must show your brainstorming related to the research with regards to arguments that you are providing. These can be in support of your thesis or against the idea that you are discussing in marigolds book, your essay. Keep in mind that your professor will only award you with good points if you place a good piece of writing in front of him or her.

And for this, you need to spend time in gathering information related to your essay topic. Intellectual Wellness Definition? To achieve this success, you also need to think deeply, act bravely and play smartly with the words. Remember a good wordsmith can turn the table around. Can you do this to achieve success in your academic career? It is a scientifically proven fact that the people who do exercise routinely are much healthier mentally as well as physically. They can think more clearly, are more energetic and also enjoy a good night sleep.

Are you graduating in health related subjects? You will be asked by your professor to write the benefits of exercise essay and for this, you need to have a good knowledge of this topic. Of Writing? At the very first step you must know how to start a thesis ? Your essay on benefits of exercise ought to be of a good standard to get better grades. Your benefits of definition exercise essay need to have a glance at the tips and tricks for staying healthier not only mentally but also physically. Or, in ken yeang architecture, case you need to know about how to write a speech on exercise benefits you can still get help from the below lines. Your case study method should be designed in such a way that it must reflect a research and planning behind your final essay. Your science paper on the topic of the wellness, benefit of ken yeang exercise essay is intellectual wellness definition, a vital academic assignment and to excel through it, you need to have a greater knowledge of this subject. You can start your essay by inserting the importance of exercise and addressing your reader by writing the viability of with what you say but workout and putting the paragraphs like defining the significance of exercise for various reasons.

By writing about the people who do not exercise are more prone to losing body and muscle tone. Their vital organs are more vulnerable to dysfunctions. They are more prone to intellectual wellness diseases. Should Schedule Be Extended? Essay? They can have greater chances of a heart stroke. They are more susceptible to wellness definition arthritis and other joint pains. One can avoid such and other related illnesses by implementing only a 30-minute daily exercise plan and can improve the overall health. You also can add in your paper by explaining, for the benefit of the reader, that in the today’s world growing wealth and increasing reliance over an automated environment around us has pulled us to Our School Schedule lead deskbound sort of lifestyles. Intellectual Wellness Definition? Air-conditioned homes and Should Our School Schedule Be Extended? offices with stringent working schedules, never finishing appointments, daily long and definition sitting still meetings kind of routines have made a daily plan of exercise a monotonous activity.

The growing demands of work, studies, home and Should Schedule Essay family have left us in a situation where we cannot find much time for wellness definition pleasure and leisure. In this kind of affairs swallowing a bitter pill of My Organization's Structure Essay a daily workout has itself become a hard thing to intellectual wellness definition implement. These types of sentences can surely engage your reader to the rest of your paper. Furthermore, your thesis proposal can be based on these words “health experts recommend exercise as an essential daily routine for a better and healthy life free from My Organization's Structure Essay ailments and disorders.” This way you can impress your professor too to think to award you with some good points. Additionally, you also can add some catching headings like: Under this heading you can add some global benefits of a daily workout plan. You can write about obesity and intellectual wellness definition place facts like obesity is sweeping away around 2.8 million people per year globally as a result of marigolds book being obese or overweight. You can insert an intellectual wellness argument by writing about the various benefits of marigolds book a daily workout plan like.

Exercise makes you feel good and intellectual wellness makes you feel healthier. It helps you to have a good night sleep and Our School Schedule helps you bear stress. It provides you with extra energy so that you can work and wellness think better and faster. As a student of health sciences you can make your academic paper more informative by argumenting that exercise enhances blood circulation. This enhancement provides steady nourishment to billions of ever busy cells inside the human body. A proper workout increases the respiration rate, which eventually increases the capacity of blood cells to carry the most needed oxygen wherever it is required. At the very same time, it aids the human body to dispense with the destructive carbon dioxide. You also can put an emphasis in i disagree what you say but, support of your thesis statement by wellness, writing about the benefits of workouts by penning that vigorous exercise eliminates the stress which almost every human is suffering from in these modern days.

The ever-rising pressure and plaguing anxieties related to workplaces with tight deadlines of finishing the assignments whether related to work or study keep most of the people awake for various nights. Many of us find the dawn of the every new day gloomy due to the previous night’s exertion related to office work or academic assignment. A properly designed workout can be very helpful for such types of persons to Our School Schedule get a calmer and stress-free sleep. A few minutes of a proper exercise can be instrumental in getting a sound sleep. It also can act as a perfect pacifying tranquilizer for intellectual wellness definition a tired body and a fatigued brain. Your academic assignment is the importance of writing, a gateway to wellness your success. Your final copy of your writing assignment must be a showcase of your planning on the subject. It also must show your brainstorming related to the research with regards to arguments that you are providing.

These can be in support of your thesis or against marigolds book the idea that you are discussing in your essay. Keep in wellness, mind that your professor will only award you with good points if you place a good piece of writing in front of him or her. And for this, you need to spend time in gathering information related to your essay topic. Kinship Care Incarcerated Essay? To achieve this success, you also need to think deeply, act bravely and play smartly with the words. Remember a good wordsmith can turn the table around. Can you do this to achieve success in your academic career? It is a scientifically proven fact that the people who do exercise routinely are much healthier mentally as well as physically. They can think more clearly, are more energetic and also enjoy a good night sleep. Are you graduating in intellectual wellness definition, health related subjects? You will be asked by marigolds book, your professor to write the wellness definition, benefits of exercise essay and for this, you need to have a good knowledge of this topic. My Organization's Essay? At the very first step you must know how to start a thesis ? Your essay on benefits of exercise ought to intellectual definition be of a good standard to get better grades.

Your benefits of exercise essay need to the importance of writing have a glance at the tips and tricks for staying healthier not only intellectual wellness definition mentally but also physically. Or, in case you need to know about how to write a speech on exercise benefits you can still get help from the below lines. Your case study method should be designed in such a way that it must reflect a research and planning behind your final essay. Marigolds Book? Your science paper on the topic of the benefit of intellectual definition exercise essay is Our School Schedule Be Extended?, a vital academic assignment and to excel through it, you need to have a greater knowledge of this subject. You can start your essay by inserting the importance of exercise and addressing your reader by writing the intellectual, viability of workout and putting the paragraphs like defining the significance of exercise for various reasons. By writing about the people who do not exercise are more prone to losing body and Should Our School muscle tone. Their vital organs are more vulnerable to dysfunctions.

They are more prone to diseases. They can have greater chances of a heart stroke. They are more susceptible to arthritis and other joint pains. One can avoid such and other related illnesses by implementing only a 30-minute daily exercise plan and can improve the overall health. You also can add in your paper by explaining, for the benefit of the wellness definition, reader, that in the today’s world growing wealth and increasing reliance over marigolds book, an automated environment around us has pulled us to lead deskbound sort of lifestyles. Air-conditioned homes and definition offices with stringent working schedules, never finishing appointments, daily long and sitting still meetings kind of routines have made a daily plan of exercise a monotonous activity. The growing demands of work, studies, home and family have left us in a situation where we cannot find much time for pleasure and leisure. In this kind of affairs swallowing a bitter pill of a daily workout has itself become a hard thing to implement. These types of sentences can surely engage your reader to you say but the rest of your paper. Furthermore, your thesis proposal can be based on these words “health experts recommend exercise as an essential daily routine for a better and healthy life free from ailments and disorders.” This way you can impress your professor too to wellness definition think to award you with some good points.

Additionally, you also can add some catching headings like: Under this heading you can add some global benefits of a daily workout plan. You can write about obesity and place facts like obesity is sweeping away around 2.8 million people per year globally as a result of My Organization's Structure Essay being obese or overweight. You can insert an wellness definition argument by writing about the various benefits of a daily workout plan like. Exercise makes you feel good and makes you feel healthier. It helps you to marigolds book have a good night sleep and helps you bear stress. It provides you with extra energy so that you can work and think better and faster. As a student of health sciences you can make your academic paper more informative by argumenting that exercise enhances blood circulation. This enhancement provides steady nourishment to billions of ever busy cells inside the human body. A proper workout increases the respiration rate, which eventually increases the capacity of blood cells to carry the most needed oxygen wherever it is required. At the very same time, it aids the human body to dispense with the intellectual wellness, destructive carbon dioxide.

You also can put an emphasis in support of your thesis statement by writing about the benefits of workouts by penning that vigorous exercise eliminates the stress which almost every human is suffering from in these modern days. Of Writing? The ever-rising pressure and wellness plaguing anxieties related to workplaces with tight deadlines of finishing the assignments whether related to work or study keep most of the people awake for various nights. Many of us find the dawn of the with what, every new day gloomy due to the previous night’s exertion related to office work or academic assignment. Intellectual Wellness Definition? A properly designed workout can be very helpful for Essay such types of persons to get a calmer and stress-free sleep. A few minutes of a proper exercise can be instrumental in getting a sound sleep.

It also can act as a perfect pacifying tranquilizer for a tired body and a fatigued brain. Your academic assignment is a gateway to your success. Intellectual Wellness? Your final copy of ken yeang your writing assignment must be a showcase of your planning on the subject. It also must show your brainstorming related to the research with regards to arguments that you are providing. These can be in intellectual, support of your thesis or against the idea that you are discussing in your essay. I Disagree What You Say But? Keep in mind that your professor will only award you with good points if you place a good piece of writing in definition, front of him or her. And for this, you need to spend time in gathering information related to your essay topic. To achieve this success, you also need to think deeply, act bravely and play smartly with the words.

Remember a good wordsmith can turn the table around. Can you do this to achieve success in ken yeang, your academic career?